6/28 Post sinking/Pre fishing trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/28 Post sinking/Pre fishing trip

Jeremy and I took her out this am for the maiden voyage after being sunk. The new hydrofoil got her on top in about 2 seconds, but halfway through Jones (launched at Louies) she started bogging down and would only go about 6 mph.
    We decided to jump out on a reef with good bait since it was getting daylight and caught 2 reds 17" & 21" in less than 6" of water on top of the reef. Caught one trout about 20" and dropped her back in the water.
    Sun was out and I could see, so I played with her for a while (tried adjusting carb etc) and she was still running the same. After running around for 30 minutes or so, she kicked back in and ran great for a while, then started bogging down again.
    We then made a few drifts in Jones and missed a few fish. I had put about 1/3 more oil in than it calls for so I thought that it might be too much oil, so we ran to harborwalk and put in some more gas. That didn't help, but after a while she kicked back in again for about a mile, then bogged back down.
    We played around for a little while longer and Jeremy caught a keeper trout and we caught a few dinks and decided to run the motor some more to see if it would line out.

Scott said it is the electronic ignition and WD said fuel filter.
    Anyone have any ideas??
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

I would say fuel filter. That's a restriction issue with the way your describing it running good and then bogging down. Possible carburetor issue? Is one of your jets not firing fully or at all?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

sounds like the high speed jet is clogged!!!
      Capt. Thomas Barlow
      281-827-6815
      www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Water/fuel sounds like to me.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Chip Don't give away our honey holes before the tourney your report should have read...

Jeremy and I took her out this am for the maiden voyage after being sunk. The new hydrofoil got her on top in about 2 seconds, but halfway through the bay (launched at a boat ramp) she started bogging down and would only go about 6 mph.
          We decided to jump out on a reef with good bait since it was getting daylight and caught 2 hardheads 17" & 21" in (edit) water (by the) reef. Caught one gafftop about 20" and dropped her back in the water.
          Sun was out and I could see, so I played with her for a while (tried adjusting carb etc) and she was still running the same. After running around for 30 minutes or so, she kicked back in and ran great for a while, then started bogging down again.
          We then made a few drifts in the water and missed a few fish. I had put about 1/3 more oil in than it calls for so I thought that it might be too much oil, so we ran to a marina and put in some more gas. That didn't help, but after a while she kicked back in again for about a mile, then bogged back down.
          We played around for a little while longer and Jeremy caught a keeper sandtrout and we caught a few dinks and decided to run the motor some more to see if it would line out.

Comment

Got the boat back from Acie.....Choke was stuck and melted. It was just pumping gas in constantly.
            New Choke valve....New ignition......New Throttle cable (slightly Corroded).....$256.00 more! Everything should be good until I get it back out on the water!
            Good news is that there are just 2 more electronic components to go bad and then it will all be replaced.

Nobody wants to fish where we fished yesterday....Hell, we didn't even WANT to fish there, but we had very little choice!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

another eventful day throwin money at a boat! its gret huh? been there done that good report.
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
              X