Caught One, Lost One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught One, Lost One

I hit the water about 6:00 and didn't get a good blow up until 8:30. Incoming tide started kind of slow but soon it was moving bait around and fish started showing super shallow. That blow up at 8:30 was a 5.25# trout on the old trusty SS Jr. a few casts later it disappeared and I had a really good fish on. She made several runs pulling drag including the one straight at me. I was expecting the after burners and wasn't disappointed except after pulling about 20 feet of line, the hooks pulled and she was gone....
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Nice report Kenny! Those SS Jrs have been the ticket for me lately too.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Thanks for the report..

Comment

nice report.congrats
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report, sounds like you had a good time.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice report Kenny. North or ? shoreline?
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Good catch! It's the ones that get away that I remember the best for some reason...

Comment

Nice report Kenny.
                Saltmadness

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                  I hit the water about 6:00 and didn't get a good blow up until 8:30. Incoming tide started kind of slow but soon it was moving bait around and fish started showing super shallow. That blow up at 8:30 was a 5.25# trout on the old trusty SS Jr. a few casts later it disappeared and I had a really good fish on. She made several runs pulling drag including the one straight at me. I was expecting the after burners and wasn't disappointed except after pulling about 20 feet of line, the hooks pulled and she was gone....

You want me to come give you an attitude adjustment old man?

and a fishing lesson! LOL Good job homey!
                  Don't be a Nancy!
                  If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Everything has to be working just right to land a big fish. Happens to everyone more than once. I was working the canal leading to the canal homes off starvation cove last year in my kayak. Saw activity and landed a trout on a 3 segmented Sebile 5" hard plug. Next cast, something yanked my rod down hard, then nothing. Reeled in and the mid section hook was attached to the split ring, but the split ring was opened up forming a " C " shape. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how something could straighten out that split ring given the stretch of mono and extra fast action of the rod tip. My imagination says it was a huge trout, I don't know what it was- maybe some dang sea turtle or something. I like to think a big trout. But , point is , everything has to work just right to land that fish.
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                      Nice report Kenny! Those SS Jrs have been the ticket for me lately too.

AQUA PIMP
                      i agree SS Jrs have pulled their jaws open lately. Will post pics soon!!
                      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                        i agree SS Jrs have pulled their jaws open lately. Will post pics soon!!
                        yawn!!
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

nice kenny!!!!
                          i would have liked to been there today ... wrapped up.... next weekend too
                          can fish after that though....are you coming to the everglades with us??
                          let me know...
                          Glenn
                          Captain Glenn Stevens
                          Coastal Guide Service
                          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Originally posted by txwhaler 22 View Post
                            nice kenny!!!!
                            i would have liked to been there today ... wrapped up.... next weekend too
                            can fish after that though....are you coming to the everglades with us??
                            let me know...
                            Glenn
                            Check the date dude! This is an old one!
                            sigpic
                            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

woops...imhammer .....you da man....
                              Captain Glenn Stevens
                              Coastal Guide Service
                              www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Working...
                              X