Afternoon fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon fun

Got on the water yesterday early and found a few pods. The tides were up a little so we didn't see quite as many as I have been recently but still enough to catch a few decent ones. I think we landed 8 or 9 reds and a handful of smaller trout on tops and spoons.

In the afternoon I got back out with longtime friend and we did nothing but pole skinny. Again found a few small schools but the highlight was finding a few reds in an area crawling with their backs out of the water. These fish would come up on little high spots and push across water only about 3-4 inches deep. So cool to watch them do this and talk about challenging!! We got the boat as close as possible but still left us with long casts to these fish. We only got one to eat of 6 different fish we saw. We did have a second fish take the fly but no hook up. When we were done I had to get out and push the boat as I had gone way farther up in the skinny stuff than what the little Mitzi actually floats in.

I got one shot at a fish from the front of the boat and got her, pictures attached. The afternoon run yielded 5 or 6 reds and another small trout. Cool day on the water for sure and they still like the shrimp fly.
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Thats awesome man!

Comment

Nice fish!

Comment

nice

Comment

That is awesome. I gotta find mesome of them shallow fish!

Comment

WTG captain Steve!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
            X