468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New part-timer in JB, looking for other kayak fly fishermen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New part-timer in JB, looking for other kayak fly fishermen...

Folks,

Just joined tonight -- first post. Nice place you've got here! We live in Houston, but we bought a place down near Jamaica Beach last fall. We've finally got it pretty well sorted out, and I've finally got my gear and the yaks stored down there. Now it's time to get more serious about the fishing....

Although I've technically lived in Houston for over a decade and have fished somewhat regularly during that time, I'm still a newbie on the salt scene. I grew up in Colorado....started fly fishing at 7, fished obsessively through my 20s until all that pesky adult stuff slowed down my trout bum lifestyle. Then I met this girl from Houston and....well, here I am.

My days of sneaking out for month and week and even weekend trips are mostly over, but I can fairly easily slip out for a morning or evening paddle when we're staying down on the coast. I've been fishing Jumbile by myself most of the time because it's close, and because I wanted to try to get one place really figured out. Wouldn't say I've got it completely wired yet, but it's getting there. Lots to learn.

I'd like to start trying to meet more people who live or stay on the island frequently who, like me, can do spur-of-the-moment short trips. Anybody in JB who'd be up to go chase some fish sometime?

I'm not in Galveston, but welcome to the forum!

Comment

We are one subdivision over from you, be glad to chase some fish sometime. I live in Houston during the week though.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

WELCOME

Comment

Welcome aboard!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Hi Ya! Welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome aboard!! Keep an eye out on this board for the Shallowist, Steve Soule. He's an expert flats fly fisherman. Nice guy, too.
              At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I live in JB and fly fish from the kayak several days a week. I'm off 4-5 days a week so can fish most days. PM me if you want to meet up.

Comment

I live in League City but purchased a second home in JB also. Send me a PM if you are heading down.

Comment

I am always looking for someone to fly fish with around JB, send me a PM next time you are planing to get on the water. I live live/work in Houston, but have kayaks at my family's place in JB.

Comment

Working...
                    X