matagorda, west and east bay 6/27 - 6/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matagorda, west and east bay 6/27 - 6/28

i ran west early saturday and stopped on the south shoreline near middle grounds. we waded throwing tops and plastics and managed only two small throwbacks. plenty of bait, just no takers. called it a day w/ a skunk..ouch.
    saturday we went back to fishing 101 and bought a qt of live shrimp and drifted east bay. we didn't find anything by the tripod but found some streaky water between raymond's reef and burkhart cove. we made several drifts and finished the day w/ one 21 inch red, 3 specs to 22, and 6 nice sand trout and numerous hardheads... it was still alot more fun than a skunk. summer is here!
    no pics.
    michelle

Summer is definatly here, no doubt! Thanks for the Matty report Michelle. You will get them down there next time.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

When the Summer blues get you down....Tripletail it!
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

good report ladies! yall gotta get sneekypete back down for GOOD LUCK! me and him grinded it out this a.m and we got skunked too! happens to all of us .
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

congrats on the catch michelle.always nice just being on the water
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Michelle, I hear you, fishing in the back of cottons and Greens has been tough. We grinded hard to catch a few Red's in the back cove next to Greens. We did find good fish in between the breakwater Jetty and Greens (just west from Greens) about 1/4 of mile. You may know what I'm talking about, the Pelicans lay up on the shoal there. Good trout and Reds are holding into those guts, just before the deep water.

Comment

Working...
            X