How to remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove?

How do i remove this bolt out of the linkage?
    That ball thing so it can pivot seems to be attached to the bolt!

lefty loosey righty tighty

hammer might work too

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
      .....damn Freak from just what I can see of the linkage I'd consider replacing it as well.
      X 2 replace all rusty links that may give
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

9/16ths?
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
          X 2 replace all rusty links that may give
          x3

Comment

If it does not unscrew it is probably Pressed in! As Rusted as it is it will probably never come out!

Comment

Replace everything & start over
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I figured it was pressed in it moves very freely but yall think just replace the whole linkage?

Comment

You're wanting to remove the ball from the socket?
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Whole linkage. That way you don't have to replace other things that will obviously go out due to age, neglect, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                      You're wanting to remove the ball from the socket?
                      Yessir i was gonna just replace that bolt due to wat barham said about his sheering.

Comment

Got ya -- yea it may be easier to replace the whole knuckle if it's a seperate piece. If it's not feasible to do right now I'd just grease the heck out of everything and put it back together until you can replace the whole thing.
                        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

If you back up the ball socket somehow you may be able to use a hammer to drive the bolt out,but the whole turn buckle really could use replacing as the rust wont take much longer to finish off whats left!
                          West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                            Got ya -- yea it may be easier to replace the whole knuckle if it's a seperate piece. If it's not feasible to do right now I'd just grease the heck out of everything and put it back together until you can replace the whole thing.
                            Mine looked just like that and the bolt sheared and threw me outta the boat! Scary chit I was able to find the whole piece in stainless too please do the same its very dangerous
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Yeah i would like to replace it but one of my biggest problems im having is that there is no serial number plate and the cowl and whole motor has been painted so i dont know model or anything i was told it a late 80s early 90s Evinrude 70hp but i really dont know for sure. I found a number on that lil silver circle (welch plug ) but dont know if its a model or serial number i was told it could be either. Plus this is the first boat other than a glasstron i had when i was 16 which i locked the motor up on lol so i dont know much when it comes to boat motors.

Comment

Working...
                              X