Crankbait tips for trout/redfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crankbait tips for trout/redfish

Any you vetereans have any tips on some good crankbaits for trout or redfish? The best for all depths.

I like to throw rat-l-traps when im fishing schools of shad. chrome-black. Just have to replace the hooks often because the reds will straighten them
    Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Rattle traps, yozuri ( i think i spelled it right) , and the x rap. I throw traps alot for reds!

Comment

I throw rattle traps in the surf and under the lights. I don't know of you would consider it a crank bait but I throw a ED special quite often

Comment

Originally posted by fathernson View Post
          I like to throw rat-l-traps when im fishing schools of shad. chrome-black. Just have to replace the hooks often because the reds will straighten them
          X2 ! Best brand but change the rings and hooks , I use gamagatsu hooks with stainless rings

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2
          I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Awesome it seems like the Rattle Traps are popular. Ill be sure to try them out. I have also heard the Bomber Badonk-A-Donk and Rapala Skitter Walk work very well. What do you all think?

Comment

I've caught fish on both Skitterwalks and Super Spooks but I've never caught anything on my Badonk-a-donks. It may just be me though.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

castaway300 is a cranking machine. Hopefully he can chime in.

Comment

Castaway chiming in here...lol...Being an old bass guy , i love me some crankbaits. Some of my favorites are, Bandit 100,
                  Manns minus 1, Bomber fat free. I have many more in the arsenal, but those are my favorites.
                  A couple of tips,
                  1. Dont over work the bait.
                  2. Long casts help, allows the bait to stay in the strike zone longer.
                  3. Accuracy is crucial if your fishing structure.
                  As Bouy can attest, i can talk for hours about it. He has suffered many a days of fishing with me...lol.

i can talk better than i type, shoot me a PM with a phone # and i would be happy to call you.
                  castaway300

Comment

I've been using CajunThunders for years but really like that flexible wire it's built on.
                    Have commitment and get accomplishment.

Comment

Working...
                    X