Redfish kind of morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redfish kind of morning

Finally got to run one of the trips that I had donated to the site today. Henry Riojas, owner of Tejano Salsa and his guest Irma came along for some shallow water sight fishing and the reds had no problem showing us where they were. We pulled up to the first spot and there was no doubt that they were there. First 2, then 3 small groups of birds were working over pods of tailing reds. We poled up to the first group and immediately hooked up to a nice fish. We saw somewhere in the range of 10 schools this morning that ranged from 5 to near 30 fish per group. They weren't all cooperative and many were down right spooky. We landed 7 or 8 reds and a flounder. Most of the reds were just under the 20 inch mark but we found 3 for Henry to keep.

The fish slowed down early today, I'm sure due to weak tide mid morning. But we found a few more groups on another flat and had a couple of shots at some bigger reds. We struggled with passing cloud cover when we were around the bigger fish and never really got a good shot at them.

Fun morning and great to see that many tailing fish. Even saw Coe Parker on the water first thing this morning.
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Great job!

Comment

awesome!
      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Great job Steve!

Comment

Flat bottom where did you see me?

Steve good to see you!

Sounds like I should have gone to my spots in reverse today. We ended up with a couple nice flounder.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice Fishin!!

Comment

WTG Capt Steve!
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Steve, did Henry bring his boat down? I saw a Tejano Salsa van pulling a boat heading down Sunday on my way down.

Flatbottom, that was myself & TXSHOCKWAVE coming out of there. We had the whole back to ourselves. Tide was WAY up
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Henry brought his boat and was headed to the Titlum Tatlum weigh in.
                  http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

There were tons of reds where I went also. Wind made it a little hard but I got some.

Comment

Working...
                    X