Report 6/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report 6/30

Hit the water around 6:00, wind was dead and did not have a lot of time to fish today, so went to a cove near Terramar (chip knows which one).

Jumped in and bait was everywhere, water was clear and wind was blowing slightly. Perfect conditions.

Threw SS Jr with no blow ups, got close to grass island and noticed bait and reds tailing. Threw several more times with no takers, so threw on the AP special and second cast got small flounder. Threw a few more and got a rat red. Kept working the area got lots of hits, but no takers.

Switched back to top water and hit the gut. The bait was moving, the smell of trout in the air. Got several nice blow ups and one trout took it for a ride, but could not land her. Had to head home to work, so called it a day. Was nice to be on the water this morning without a sole in sight!
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Nice report Mike. Gald you were able to go.

Comment

Nice job Mike.......You are going to get some good ones on top if you keep throwin' it.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Chip, I am trying my best on throwing topwater, but when I see those tailing reds and nothing was hitting the SS Jr, I had to switch. It was cool getting a few blow ups on the topwater, so I am not giving up hope! PM me if you want to hit the water tomorrow or Thursday morning.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice report. Glad to see the wind laying down Fun, fun, fun catching them on tops. keep chunkin.

Comment

Skiffstiff

You need to switch to the fly rod.They can't resist fly candy!

Comment

Thanks EX 21 for the report.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by SKIFFSTIFF View Post
                You need to switch to the fly rod.They can't resist fly candy!
                I would not even know where to begin with a fly rod. It looks hard as heck to figure out, but I heard it is a blast. Let me get bored with topwater and then I will look into getting a home equity loan to purchase fly gear
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks for the report!
                  I used to hate not catching fish....until I got back to work!
                  Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

You like the topwaters Explorer switch to the pink skitter walk.Thanks for the report.
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

nice report.get em next time
                      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                        You like the topwaters Explorer switch to the pink skitter walk.Thanks for the report.
                        I actually got one and have not thrown it to much, the SS JR bone has been getting some solid hits lately. I did throw the pink SW in the surf today, not takers.
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Good job getting out there and keep plugging away w/those Tops.

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                            I actually got one and have not thrown it to much, the SS JR bone has been getting some solid hits lately. I did throw the pink SW in the surf today, not takers.
                            Explorer
                            Is that deep channel that heads due west out of Tmar channel any good...looks fishy.

Comment

Way to grind it out! To tell you the truth I have watched Moe catch on tops but yet to get my first as of yet so just hang in there.
                              A Living Legend

Comment

Working...
                              X