Confederates Reef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confederates Reef

Anyone fish Confederates Reef recently, just west of South Deer Island? If so, how should I rig up and what should I use, artificial or live bait under a cork?

Either and yes-right now may be good in 2-6' water range under slow drift. I start near the point not too far from the houses under a "normal" SE wind-be careful of the "s" shaped reef-you can easily hit it and it aint much below water!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I will try the reef on the Northside. I went on the south side a while back and what seemed to be surrounded by shallow water. I understand the reef complex here now. I see that the northside of the reef my have access to some deeper guts, is that right?

Comment

During the hot summer months I target drop off... I'd work the channel from 2' to 4' off of confederates its the old ICW
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

is that 2' to 4' depth of water?

Comment

Yep-more like 4-6'. Deeper north of old ICW channel. I fish west part of Confederate and south of old ICW channel, especially under SE wind, that way I don't drift onto the reef/bar. If you're gonna be north of bar, then you should be OK. You also may want to try in front of Campbell's if water conditions are good and even freeline live shrimp on outside of RR bridge-use ICW -do not try boating under RR bridge-lots of cement debris under those arches!! Good luck and post your reports.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Sorry about my knowledge of west bay but is the old ICW north of the Confederates reef running between North and South Deer Island?

Comment

Sorry, yes between N & S deer island close to the new ICW there is a large wooden piling that marks the center of the channel... if you travel West far enough you'll be running just on the North side of Confederates Reef... I anchor in 6' and slack off so my stern is right at 4' You want to fish this drop off or at least have your cork & shrimp float through it still twitching & popping. You'll be protected from a S wind at low tide and fish could be stacked up there... Ease into unfamiliar areas and get yourself a Post Ike edition Wade fish or kayak map, IMO the boating map is worthless... I find more detail on the wade and kayak maps.

Comment

Originally posted by mlam View Post
                  Sorry about my knowledge of west bay but is the old ICW north of the Confederates reef running between North and South Deer Island?
                  No worries buddy - we were all beginners at one time or another... That's why we have a forum like this to discuss and point out areas etc. If you search the threads using the search button you might even run across the maps I uploaded after Ike... I can't find them on my computer but it shows you confederates etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X