7/1 report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/1 report

Hit the water around 6:00, it was calm and the water was a little off color but not bad at all. I was the only one out there, which was nice.
    Went to the second sand bar and threw SS JR. black and silver, no blow up at all. Changed to SS Jr bone once the sun came up, one or two blow up, not takers.
    Made the decision to go back to the beach and throw in the first gut. Not much action expect I caught a shark on top water!
    Finally around 8:00 am, the bait started showing up and the action picked up. I was still throwing the SS Jr. bone and got my first taker, 15" speck, released. Kept throwing, another 15-16" speck, released. I then nailed a nice one, it was around 20", but as I went to grab her, bye bye! The sad part is, I had my net and forgot to grab it. Oh well, that is fishing.

By the way, I had several blow up that the trout knocked my SS Jr. 5 feet in the air and one actually did it 3 times in a row. That was cool!

Had to get to work, so called it a day.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

thanks for the report.

Comment

Good work on those specks! It was nice out there this morning, and you're right about no crowds. The word always gets out after the first day though

Comment

You are right, when I left two guys showed up.

By the way, I forgot to mention that 5 or 6 porpise came in the first gut and were chasing trout and one actuall got 10 feet from me. That was a sign to call it a day and get to work.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

If you were taking off work tomorrow to go fish the surf, where would you go, the Galveston or Surfside?
          5th Generation Texan

Comment

I don't go to many areas, but I heard around Jamacia or just over the SLP bridge about a half mile down. To me I really do not know what the difference is from one place to another, because I hear people are catching them all over the place.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks for the report EX 21. Glad ya got out and gave em heck!! Neat about grey suit and topwater!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice job Mike....Nothing better than tops in the surf! Wish I could have been there.
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report. See those TopWaters fly in the air is a real rush

Comment

nice report.glad the beach front is cleaning up
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Surf is still looking good, the wife and I are thinking about hitting it this evening. Will let you know how it goes.
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice report. thanks

Comment

WE GOT EM TOO! same pattern great report even the porpoise
                          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                          X