Fly report 8/18 - 8/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly report 8/18 - 8/21

Fished the last 4 days for a few hours each day. And as I am sure the rest of you know it's been pretty good. Saturday I fished the back of Greens lake and landed 5-6 from a large school they were taking only the small spoon fly for some reason. Thanks to a member on this board I found out their bellies were full of sheepshead minnows.

Then the last 3 days I just fished close to house, fishing the outgoing tide in the early afternoon. They seemed to really turn on for about 2 hours somewhere between 11:00 and 3:00. Landed 4-6 every day in a couple hours I used that same spoon fly until it was too torn up and the put on the old reliable white shrimp fly which they seemed to eat just as well. Generally lighter winds alowed me to just listen for the schools cruising the little marsh islands I was fishing. Then just went to them, got ahead of them and tossed the fly into the grass. Strip, strip Bang just about every time. The singles were a bit harder to detect but most shorelines had one or to up in the grass.

Just as I thought the fish had slowed down and was heading homem I cam around a corner and was suprised and overcome by a larger school of fifty or so having no time to cast just through the fly over the side and had one on by the time I was able to pick up the fly rod. That was a lot of fun!

Anyway the size was about have small about 16-20 and half slot at around 22-26.
    Attached Files

stay out of my spots, lol

Comment

Great report man !
      FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

Sweet!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk