Galveston 7/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston 7/1

Had a good time fishing the surf this morning. Got on the water by 5:15 with no other fishermen in sight. Water was a bit sandy, but still clear enough to see a few feet. First hookup within a few minutes on a clown spook jr. Nice 22" speck goes on the stringer. Got a 20"er a couple casts later. Those were the bigger fish of the trip, but I strung 8 keepers and threw back one dink. Lost a couple and had a dozen or so missed blow ups. All but one fish caught on spook jr's. Man the hooks on those things suck. I was having to re-bend them after every few fish, and I didn't have my drag tight. Eventually broke the hook, good thing I had a spare jr. Looks like I'll be replacing them with owner trebels some time. It wasn't as fast action as earlier this month, but plenty of bait getting hit and birds working.

Let's see if these conditions hold overnight...

Nice job..For spook jrs get some #4 vmc cone cut hooks. They are the best

Comment

Sweet stringer MJ. I wish I was there this am. Maybe sneak out Friday, but there will be a lot of people out then.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Yea the beachfront is going to be a zoo this weekend...

Comment

Ahh yes, it was VMC hooks I had in mind. As for it being a zoo, I'm sure the beach front anywhere will be crowded. It'll be absurd if the surf stays flat though.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
            Had a good time fishing the surf this morning. Got on the water by 5:15 with no other fishermen in sight. Water was a bit sandy, but still clear enough to see a few feet. First hookup within a few minutes on a clown spook jr. Nice 22" speck goes on the stringer. Got a 20"er a couple casts later. Those were the bigger fish of the trip, but I strung 8 keepers and threw back one dink. Lost a couple and had a dozen or so missed blow ups. All but one fish caught on spook jr's. Man the hooks on those things suck. I was having to re-bend them after every few fish, and I didn't have my drag tight. Eventually broke the hook, good thing I had a spare jr. Looks like I'll be replacing them with owner trebels some time. It wasn't as fast action as earlier this month, but plenty of bait getting hit and birds working.

Let's see if these conditions hold overnight...

Your rigt about jr hooks, I lost a nice trout(26"+) in the Tails N Tunes tourney to a jr hook breaking off.
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

very nice,congrats
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Very nice stringer, you did a lot better then my in the surf. Thanks for the report.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                X