New Bayou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bayou

Found 2 submerged drums in the mouth of New Bayou. It looked like a few people had already found them but didn't try to move them. Hauled one back to the dock and the other was to the N/W of the mouth and we could not move it. I am trying to get back out this weekend to mark it.
    Gande' Member

Good job man. Did the look like they were just put there or been there awhile?

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

The one that we pulled out was new but it looked like it had already laid claim to a prop or two.. the one that is still there has been there for a good while. It looks like it would be just under the water line at low tide. high tide most of the boats that run out there should be good. And unless you are just learning that area than most people know that you have to swing wide comeing and going out of the cut (Mud Flat).
      Gande' Member

Comment

I waded that area alot last November and into December and never seen them. I am just wondering maybe if they were dumped recently. Where they empty drums? Chemicals? I hope no one is dumping drums with chemicals in them

AQUA PIMP
        Last edited by aqua pimp; July 2, 2009, 04:17 PM.
        AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Thanks for the info. Was thinking about going that way tomorrow

Comment

Maybe the party boat tree dragger is cleaning his freaking garage now!!!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Also when coming out of the mouth there is a large tire aprox 150 ft. from the bank on the right. Only seen it during the winter when tides are real low

Comment

Yea, that tire has been there for a few years. I have caught Flounder laying right next to it.

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by NBN View Post
                  The one that we pulled out was new but it looked like it had already laid claim to a prop or two.. the one that is still there has been there for a good while. It looks like it would be just under the water line at low tide. high tide most of the boats that run out there should be good. And unless you are just learning that area than most people know that you have to swing wide comeing and going out of the cut (Mud Flat).
                  Where is this mud flat that you speak of??? I need to find me some gumbo!

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Comment

Sorry that I called it a "Mud Flat" by my definition. LOL. To your definition try the back side of salt lake. it was a little "Silted in" the last time I was there.
                      Gande' Member

Comment

Where's salt lake? Does New Bayou have good mud at low tide? Its a haul in my boat unless I'm launching off FM2004

Comment

New Bayou is fairly deep most year round, But Amatreta Cut is a differant story. Amareta is the next cut towards halls from New Bayou. The first ditch once inside is ( Normal Tide) is about 8" the secound is about 2'. for the most part in the back of the main cut it is silt with a little Gumbo. As for salt lake, it is the secound lake that you can run into off of Nick's lake. you can also launch a small boat off of the game reserve if you go in off of Hoskins Mound Rd. I will seee if I can cut some maps off of Google and post. Nick
                          Gande' Member

Comment

Salt Lake Aerial

Here you go...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hunting Map

Here's the Brazoria NWR Public Hunting & Fishing Map
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X