Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican Me Crazy!! 7/30/08

Late Report

Beach Bum Bailey his buddy Brian, Blackbeard & I all paddled out of Jamaica Beach last Friday for some Shark action in the surf.

It wasn't long before Blackbeard & I were hooked up... Blackbeard moved his Kayak into position and secured his other rod as line was screaming off his big penn senator... About a 5-10 minute fight followed and a rope was quickly placed around the 4' blacktips tail fin for fileting later on.

As Blackbeard was landing his I was moving across an area with mullet working. I heard my back rod start clicking and quickly rearranged the rods. I set the hook and reeled in to find a big Gaftop... I switched out my baits and continued paddling up current, we were probably 1 mile off shore by now.

The sun was setting and I stopped for a beer to enjoy the fading daylight hours of the day only to find I had hooked up to a baby shark, reeled it in and released it

Congrats to Blackbeard for a nice catch. Next time Beach Bum and Brian need to follow us old salts

And... Yah.... Yah I know....

Forgot camera in the car...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!
Working...
X