North & South Galveston Jetties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North & South Galveston Jetties

Had a great day at the jetties today. Water was clear and full of bait. Gulf side of South has plenty of Smacks and small sharks. Channel side of south had the trout, reds and big sharks.

Gulf side of North had Smacks, Big Reds, and sharks. Channel side had trout.

We saw many boats with hookups all at the same time.

We did catch an awesome sight as we fished near the end of the South jetty, channel side. We saw the largest school of stingrays we have ever seen. There must have been thousands in this school.
    Bait of choice today was live shrimp and croackers. Galveston surf was flat and blue/green.... awesome conditions....

We had 8 large smacks and a 25" fat trout. We lost many smacks....

All in all, a great day. Good luck in the tourney this weekend...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fisher_Of_Men; July 2, 2009, 10:41 PM.
    "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
    "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

May try it Friday. I'll definitely be fishing reefs in galveston.

Comment

Thanks for the report and pics. Is that a Carolina Skiff your fishing out of?

Comment

Oh Yeah !! My 258DLV with a Suzuki 150. I got her last year. It was a demo boat at the "Boat Ramp" in Port Neches. She's a great jetty boat and super fast. Makes getting around Galveston Bay system easy.

Which model you fishin' out of?
        Attached Files
        "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
        "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

Working...
        X