Freeport 7/1 & 7/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeport 7/1 & 7/2

First off this may be kind of tough to read I'm tired as can be, but just got out of the shower after cleaning everything up so it may be jumbled...

7/1 - Yesterday was insanely flat, as was today. Looking at forecast we decided to run a little longer to Tequilla. This was not a success. We made it about a mile before where there was a rip. Put baits in and right off the bat a knock down fish comes unbuttoned. Trolled for another couple hours, and decided to go drop some baits, on Sunrise. Nada, current was strong, actually picked up one undersized AJ. Spent most of the day there before we realized we didn't have any fish and it was 2pm. We headed in to load the fish box kind of. Nothing exciting just a 5 man limit of snapper and 2 ling I think. Had one bull dolphin we hooked and he made 2 jumps and on the 2nd one he won.

7/2 - Today the plan was to keep it fairly short. I needed to be home earlier today. Where we left the fish yesterday we decided to go back and work the area, as there was a lot of life there. We made the run to roughly 60 miles out. It started off somewhat slow but catching some snapper. There 4 or 5 other boats out there so, we were trying not to fish right in the middle of them as they were doing. Finally found a couple good rocks that let us set our drifts to cover them. We got some decent snapper none huge but they were all roughly 8-10. We got a couple decent ling through the day, and the last drop of the day I got what I was after. A big grouper. He weighed 57.9 I needed one bigger as we were fishing the Fishing Fiesta in Freeport. He was good enough for 2nd as the time being which I completely expect to get beat out by the time it's over as the weather is too good.

So to sum it up it was great days to be on the water the last couple days. I have to call in for work and have internet access at 5 every morning so that limited us to what we coudl do other wise we would just now be coming in form the floaters. But I'll take what I cna get. Now off camping the rest of the weekend with the family. ONly really got this pick as nothing else was real exciting. Now off for the weekend to take the family camping.
    Attached Files

Great report Scotty! Nice grouper too........at least the seas were good. Let her hang on for 2nd.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Nice grouper

Comment

nice grouper. We made it out to Tequila the other day and didn't do any good there either
        XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Thats a fat looking grouper!

Comment

Nice Grouper. too rough for me this last weekend....So i went and looked at new boats!
            WS

Comment

Very nice report.Great trip
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report Seaweed.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Very nice! How fast were you running the WC on the flat seas?
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Sweet!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good work!

Comment

Thanks,

Coe I was running from about 35-39 at 1.4mpg. I don't think it goes but about another 5 mph in her. If it wasn't from just not wanting to run the engines wide open thn we would have been at that speed. There's something to say about setting the autopilot and kicking back with your feet on the dash....and playing that song "take me home...country road...take me home" and that she did..

Comment

Cool Seaweed. I am certainly jealous!!
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                          X