Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long weekend on the water

Thursday
    Started on Thursday morning early with a client, his son and a buddy. Played around Snake Island and Cove. Realized I left the net when I got the first trout to the boat. Put 2 in the boat, we lost 3 at the boat. Headed to Shell Island to try to hook up a shark for the young-one. No luck. Wind completely died so we couldn't even drift. Then ran over to the Intercoastal to see what we could find. Hooked into something nice that ran with plum Assassin, then lost him. All other fish caught on live shrimp under cork.

Friday
    Hit the water just after 6 with Dargel Dude (we are co-owners of the boat, and still friends!) Back to Snake Island, he picked up a nice flounder, and we caught a few dinks, as well as those yummy hardheads. These on shrimp as well.

Moved down towards the pass and got out of the boat on south shoreline. I was throwing plums assassin while John tried lots of combos. I picked up 2 17-18 inch trout. Turned off. Headed to the pass. Anchored up on one of the bars, walked the 6 inch deep sand bar/flat to a pretty blue channel. Water was beautiful. Numerous hits on plums, but missed them. Hooked into a nice red and was able to get her landed. Had to go get more baits, no more plums in boat, switched to some red sparkle off brand that was greasy as hell and stunk. First cast got a nice fat 18 inch trout. John picked up another red just under 20 on a plum as well. Then it stopped.

Saturday
    Fished with my 8 year old son, got out late because Johnny overserved me all day Friday and Friday night. Water was horrible, son caught a couple of 12 inch trout and numerous hard heads and croakers. Stayed on south side around snake island and Maggies cove. I couldn't find any decent water anywhere. Brought him back to Sea Isle so Mom could take him to beach. Still wanting to beat myself to death, I was a real smart move and headed over to the Intercoastal to get behind some wind breaks. Found some great looking water. Caught four small reds back to back then a big big big tug and three barges loaded with sand came by, sucked my nice water away, churned a bunch of silt up and I was done.
    Great ride back! Real smart move. Stopped and put my life jacket on about a 1/4 across the bay.

Ran into a few of the guys at Sea Isle as they were setting up. Will try to fish next event that you guys put together.
    Attached Files

Thanks for the detailed report, looks like a fun-filled weekend.

Comment

Thats a nice redfish!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice report!!
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Sounds like you were hitting pretty hard,good report thanks!
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Thanks for the rpeort. Good job on the fish. Your right Saturday was nasty and wet!

Comment

good report thanks!
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
              X