Which Green Light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Green Light?

I need some feedback on some different greenlights people use. Also who has been sucessful using one from a boat in salt water. I saw some at acadamy that were pretty cheap.

thanks

Originally posted by Deerfeeder View Post
    I need some feedback on some different greenlights people use. Also who has been sucessful using one from a boat in salt water. I saw some at acadamy that were pretty cheap.

thanks
    http://www.fishinglightsetc.com
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

If your driving on the westend you will see signs on the roads for green lights. I think that's who we got ours from. Works great, well before the hurricane it did.

Comment

Yep, something about "see the fish"

Comment

I've used the 4ft lights with pretty good success. I've never caught anything under them with jigs or plastics though. I keep a small diameter mesh long handled bait net available and scoop up glass minnows as they arrive to the light. Also I keep both ends weighted and lower about 6" below the bottom of the boat. The light reflecting off the bottom will project the light more. A small treble carolina rigged with a weight big enough to keep the bait under the light and your ready to go.

Like anything, you get what you pay for. I've never used the small ones so I can't comment.
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I get mine from a guy in La Marque. His ad is in the Islander Magazine at most local stores in Galveston (free). $229 for a mercury set-up. Easy to install-just plug into a GFCI outlet, add 1# of weight on a line tied to the eyelet on the socket so it floats about 2.5' from bottom. Those "Cthefish" lights are much more expensive and are hard wired into your electrical-I believe they are about $500 each!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Are we talking fixed or portable type lights here?
              Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Thanks, everyone for the feedback.

Comment

Those "Cthefish" lights are much more expensive and are hard wired into your electrical-I believe they are about $500 each!
                  That's a lot for something that strangers are gonna stick hooks into!

Comment

Really, I am interested in something that does not draw much juice, probaly 12 volt to use off my boat. I have one of the 120v lights with a 50- ft cord from the guy in La margue. I got mine when they were 159.00. Did not know they went up in price. Thats a great light to use on the dock but sucks to much juice on the boat with a converter.

Comment

check out the link I posted...
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Have used those portable academy green lights (with battery clips, which I converted to A/C power with a deal from Radio Shack). They work ok and the only success I've had with them is in the Bahamas where the tarpon have never seen an underwater light before.....easy fly fishing when they are laid up in the lights.

I've tried them in west bay from the boat - not worth it except for ambient light to see with. They just don't have enough juice to bring in many trout, and the cord is too short to really get away from the boat. They attract some baitfish. I suggest that if you buy them, at the point where the cord attaches to the light you need to reinforce that connection with either marine 5200 or marinetex. That connection is the weak point and breaks, letting water into the light tube.

Comment

4fters work, but only in areas with 8-10ft of water....don't ask me why, but thats my experiance. Jetty's, Bolivar Wells, or SLP bridge are my hotspots and I have done extremely well with them.
                          I've got two and both ar kapoot right now. About 2 years is all I can get out of them. Now that I have a generater and a pair of 1000watt par64's, I'll probably not be doing that type of fishing anymore...unless I get an invite! Hint hint!
                          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                          X