Broken Rods, Reels and Lost Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Rods, Reels and Lost Rings

Fished the jetties and off the beach front today with my friend Billy Ray and and a friend of his Scott.

The action was slow at first lots of bait in the water but no action, that was till about 10:00 then it was non-stop action for about the next 4 1/2 hours.

3 limits of Spanish Mackerel, lots of sharks, jack fish, a few tarpon blowups and one really nice ling missed at the boat following a bait in.

We lots every leader, all the malin wire and to few dozen lures. At least one broken rod, several reels locked up drags and one lost wedding ring to the bottom of the gulf.

All in all it was an awesome day on the water with some good friends.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CN1I7956.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	572787Click image for larger version

Name:	CN1I7857.jpg
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	572788Click image for larger version

Name:	CN1I7901.jpg
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	572789
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Ah, Shark Snack.

Comment

Sounded entertaining

Comment

Man it sucks working and missing a nice trip with you and Billy!
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Thats what i'm talking about!!! Thats for sharing your story with us...
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Broken Rods, Reels and Lost Rings

Man I knew when you asked if I was sick today I should have listened to ya.
            Water was awesome
            Great job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
            May your rod never go limp

Comment

Re: Broken Rods, Reels and Lost Rings

That bad arse wtg! ! Ive met Billy a few times talked to on the phone a few times seems like he would be a blast to fish with! !

Comment

Originally posted by FISHINFREAK View Post
                That bad arse wtg! ! Ive met Billy a few times talked to on the phone a few times seems like he would be a blast to fish with! !

All I can say is Blast is an understatement ! Some of the best times I've ever spent on the water or sandbars is with Billy Ray, he even has saltwater soul running through his veins.
                "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Nice job!

I think I'm feeling a little sick.....I may not be able to got to work today.....I should probably spend some time outdoors to make me feel better.....Hello, Boss, the weather is causing me to feel bad...about coming to work! LOL
                  "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Wtg!! That does sound like an awesome trip. Minus the ring. What the wifey say? Lol

Comment

Way to Go Tex...Id say you boys Got Some Soul!
                      West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Working...
                      X