Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Okay, the Lakes along the ICW... Does anyone know what the bottom structure is? Hard Sand? Shell? Mud Bottoms? Trying to get some ideas and pull together some aerials of where I can take the new mudmotor... Just like any outboard a sandbar or shell reef is the worst enemy... What kind of bottom should I expect at:

Greens Lake
    Lost Lake
    Cox Lake
    Wolf Lake
    Alligator Lake
    Salt Lake
    Oyster Lake
    Karankawa Lake

Anyone know can help fill me in??
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Salt Lake (if it is the one inside the Brazoria National Wildlife Reufge) is mostly a mud bottom w/grass, some areas of shell.

Oyster Lake (the one near the end of the ICW where it opens into the south end of West Bay) is super shallow mud and oysters reefs everywhere.
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Moon- I am taking you once I get the Gator-Tail were scouting areas... All I need is a mud flat and we can be cruising at 30

Comment

Greens Lake has shell(mostly from entrance to back turn), mud, and sand. Some of the reefs are pretty nasty and shallow. Most are marked but many aren't.

Caranchua has a lot of shell on the right after you make the first left turn into it. Stay right until you make this turn then hang the left side going in. Just as you enter the main lake, there is shallow shell to the left and shell to the right. Pretty much it as I know, the rest is sand mud mix with scattered shell...but there could be a few I don't know about.
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Flatout- You might have to come too... Sand will stop us... Mud is key, I am wanting to find some good mud bottoms so I can go up bayous and inlets etc... No need for much water just good mud bottom

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            Flatout- You might have to come too... Sand will stop us... Mud is key, I am wanting to find some good mud bottoms so I can go up bayous and inlets etc... No need for much water just good mud bottom

Very back of Greens...I mean way back. After a good NW wind you should be able to find what your looking for. A good gps is a must back there so you can follow your track back out. Believe me I know this for a fact!

I'd love to go...if I'm off, just say when.
            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Excellent! Just what I wanted to hear... I already have a Garmin so it can plot your course and you can follow it out... I've been viewing aerials and found you can make your way from Greens to Carranchua without going through the Intercoastal... Would be cool to try one day

Comment

Follow greens or karankawa lakes way back there and you will find the mud, especially on a low tide and/or NW wind as already stated by FlatOut. You can get from Greens to Karankawa on the back waters and bayous, but it is real tricky. Never done it myself, but I know guys who have. I have been wanting one of those mud motors for a while, but just bought my Majek Redfish Line this year that I think will cross decent enough for now between fishing and hunting, she runs plenty shallow for me and where I hunt. Good luck on the Gator Tail, they are supposed to be really good mud motors.
                "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

The best from my research and overall customer appeal... plus there customer service is great! I can't wait until I pick mine up... I have many ideas already flowing

Comment

Excellent! Just what I wanted to hear... I already have a Garmin so it can plot your course and you can follow it out... I've been viewing aerials and found you can make your way from Greens to Carranchua without going through the Intercoastal... Would be cool to try one day

Definitely would...sure would hate to get stuck back there. I guess you could just walk out to 2004.

Take me and I'll film it...that'd be a hoot to watch.
                    Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Nah, I could call a buddy or we'll just have to bury an anchor and winch out

Comment

I'll go too. Looks like fun.
                        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Maybe we could bury Kenny and use him as an anchor... Either that or FOF Rock Paper Scissors?

Too fun! I can't wait guys!!!

Comment

Maybe we could bury Kenny and use him as an anchor... Either that or FOF Rock Paper Scissors?

Too fun! I can't wait guys!!!
                            What does burry mean?
                            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

–adjective, -ri⋅er, -ri⋅est.

full of or covered with burs; burlike.

Comment

Working...
                              X