Overnighter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overnighter...

Thinking about doing an overnight trip on the Robalo... double limits and hopefully some good night fishing is what I'm after... How far out do I have to be at night in order to get into some black fin tuna? Never hooked into a Tuna and would like to take a trip with Blackbeard and Beach Bum Bailey out there
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Tonight
    south winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet.

Saturday
    south winds 5 to 10 knots becoming southeast 10 to
    15 knots in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 feet. A slight chance of
    showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.

Saturday night
    south winds 10 to 15 knots becoming southwest
    after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 feet. A slight chance of showers and
    thunderstorms early in the evening.

Sunday
    south winds 5 to 10 knots becoming southeast 10 to
    15 knots in the afternoon. Seas 2 feet. A slight chance of
    showers and thunderstorms
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Night tonight dude... already got the keg on the Gator-Tail! 3 good buddies to come drink with me too!

Comment

I would say go atleast to the Tequila rig if your going after some blackfin. My buddies went out 55 mile yesterday and they saw some blackfin around the boat but never hooked up into any.

We went to Boomvang a few weeks a load the boat full of blackfin and a handful of yellowfin. They are a blast to fight, never had anything pull as hard as they do.

We are going out of Freeport Sunday about 55 miles to fish some bottom structure. Good luck to yall and be safe

Comment

What's your range Coe? I have a 125 gallon tank and best I've done is a little over 60 miles.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Coe, I would probably head to tequilla if you have the range. I think that would be a more "sure bet" then any other ones, I woudl think.

Comment

You cannot keep a double limit on a private boat. That rule only applies to head boats, or "documented vessels" with two or more licensed captains on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                You cannot keep a double limit on a private boat. That rule only applies to head boats, or "documented vessels" with two or more licensed captains on board.
                Are you serious Tiny? I always heard you get double limits if you spend the night out there... So if I have my captains license and Cody is getting his will that make us legal? Did I miss this when reading the Federal rules??

Comment

Only if your on a charter, and then your limits I believe cannot not be retained, as you come through State waters.

guides limits do not apply, on a non charter ..... but then your back to single limits
                  FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

BTW

Black fin can be found at teqeila and cerveza almost year around.

Once the shrimp boats start coming in to 200' of water, you can find them on the boats...

(dont forget the case of cheap beer for shrimp trade)

I do a number of over night charters every year, mainly for yellow fin, on Top waters
                    Last edited by Muddskipper; July 13, 2009, 10:18 AM.
                    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Cool pics from some recent trips
                      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Working...
                      X