Freeport 7-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeport 7-10

Yesterday, I moved my boat out to Kirby Marina. I just had to see what it was like so put a crew together yesterday. It was a little bumpy going out not bad 2-3's it was just the washing machine that was bad. We made it to 35 out just messing arounds eeing if it would lay.

Sure enough it did as the day went on, we moved out to around the 50 mile mark. Winded up being as far as we needed to go. Didn't have the best box of the day, however, we did add some more meat to the freezer. I was kind of short on time today so I wanted to concentrate on one area for the day and hope the fish cooperated. I had great markings on one small rock that the fish were everywhere around for 300' anyway from it. We caught our snapper fairly quick, started chumming it to see if we could get some ling or dolphin up and sure enough they both came to play, the only problem was the ling weren't playing nice. We saw no less the 6 today wasn't prepared most of the day and when we were couldn't get them to hit. I was saving my livies for something else. And that paid off. I pull another 50ish # warsaw off of the rock soon after. Right after that one we had another one that went about 35ish. That is the hardest fish to throw back...Then we had the monster hook up. But of course this one turns out like all others and is just a fish story. It got us in the rock and we couldn't get it out. Another guy hooked it and in the transition of belt and all that good stuff, I was holding the rod, this fish was big. It made the 60#er I caught last week feel like bait. But none of that matter it's just a fish story lol..

Overall a good day on the water caught some fish. Now one of theses days when I finish the job I'm on I'll get to go play in the deepwater.
    Attached Files

You know...I got sick days and I do know how to use them!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Nice fish! How does the WC handle the 2-3's we see here pretty much year round!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Monte there was never a doubt in my mind you knew how to do that lol...we'll get a trip with westenders here pretty quick. I got trips the next 2 weekends already planned and I'm on a job right now that will run through the first of August so in August sometime we'll do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post
          Monte there was never a doubt in my mind you knew how to do that lol...we'll get a trip with westenders here pretty quick. I got trips the next 2 weekends already planned and I'm on a job right now that will run through the first of August so in August sometime we'll do it.

10/4...anytime you want to night fish, give me a shout too. I got the lights and generater up and running and we could mess some stuff up offshore at night!
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

roger...

Coe sorry didn't see your question. It handles them good. The one thing about a World Cat vs. like a Glacier bay is the WC is a semi-planing hull. So it will pop out of the water if your running it good. The Glacier Bay probably rides a little better but has less speed. I cruised out at roughly 28 and back in at 38. It did get smoother as the day went on. The WC rides a lot better in that stuff at 28 vs 22. You just have to stay on the throttles.

Comment

Good to hear looking hard at 27TE & 29CC for next year.
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Coe of coursed biased but I think it's a great choice. Are you looking at the new 29 WC or a 29 mono? That 29 WC is sweet but it's expensive. In a few years when they get some on the used market I will more then likely be looking at that boat. Just right now they are still too new and are a lot of jack. We'll get together sometime in August and do a trip you can get a fill them then.

Comment

Nice trip.Congrats
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report Seaweed. I should be out there this saturday if seas cooperate-finally got my Robalo back and test ran it late Saturday.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                    X