7/11/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/11/09

Left out of Fat Boys Saturday morning with Warren and Mike. These tow guys bought a raffled CCA trip from the Galveston chapter CCA. decided to skip the jetties this morning and head for deep shell. The bite this morning was a carbon copy of Fridays bite. Slow the first few hours of day light then turning on around 9am. By noon my two guys had 2 limits of Trout to 21" and released another 10 to 15 Trout. The big bite was on the back side of the incomming tide. The tide first thing in the morning has been ripping pretty hard over the deep shell around the dike. Once it starts backing off the bite has gotten alot better. Easier to keep the shrimp near the bottom on a slower tide. When the tide has been moving hard we have been using a heavier egg weight to keep the shrimp down but once the tide slows we are moving back to smaller split shot weights (less hang-ups).
    off the water at noon.

Anyone venturing out in this heat make sure you keep plenty of cold water on the boat. Its a very hot out there. When the wind drops it can get very miserable. Drink plenty of H20!!!!!!!

AQUA PIMP
    Attached Files
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Thanks for the report!
    We tried some deep shell yesterday in that area early and gave up on it around 7:15am with nothing caught except a few whiting. I guess we were too early! Never woulda thought....
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Wonderful trip as usual Capt. going to give you a shout about setting up a charter and see about some dates you'd like to fish
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great report, as usual, AP! Good reminder about the water!
        Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Nice report AP. Thanks for sharing.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Another nice trip.Congrats
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

TC shell still producing for you. Good job AP

Comment

Working...
              X