No announcement yet.

7/11 Report - kid caught a nice trout.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/11 Report - kid caught a nice trout.

Conditions: Hot, no wind, good water.

Donna and I had some friends come down from the Austin area with their 7 year old son and their 16 year old daughter and a friend of hers.

Headed out about 8:30 am, because we had problems finding shrimp (Jerry and Becky had some). The two young girls stayed at the house, took Davey and his parents fishing.

Drifted some shell reefs in Chocolate by ICW. As I mentioned there was no wind at all, made it tough to drifted, so we anchored a few places until the wind picked up enough to get us moving. Donna caught a 17" red, mother caught a small shark, Davey caught small shark and 1 yellow tail.

My neighbor spotted us and called me to let me know they were on some fish, so we moved that way. Throwing popping cork with shrimp near shell reef, started to get some action.

Donna caught another 16-17" red.

Davey (7 year old) caught a 21.5" 3.5lb trout on a zebco reel. You should have seen him fighting this fish. His smile tells it all!

I did not drop a line in and that was just fine with me, it was a pleasure watching Davey and the others catching some fish.
    Attached Files
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Nice report Explorer. Sometimes thats all its about watching the kids fish. That smile says it all !!!!!!

Comment

Awesome, there's nothing better than getting a kid into fishing

Comment

great job man!

Comment

Nice, kids smile says it all!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Way to go Mike. Good thing you didn't fish.....You would have just gotten outfished AGAIN!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

That smile is what life is all about!
              Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Kid's smile=Priceless.Nice job
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                  Way to go Mike. Good thing you didn't fish.....You would have just gotten outfished AGAIN!
                  HA HA! Actually you would be right. I would have been outfished by a kid with a $ 22.00 Zebco from Jerry and Becky's place. I am returning my $ 200 set up for a Snoppy Zebco and I will start catching some monsters
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks for the report and pics, his smile tells it all!

Comment

good report EX 21. Thanks. had same luck myself Saturday-too calm and no current.
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thank you for the Chocolate report. I always look forward to reading a good Chocolate Bayou/Bay update.

Most importantly.....way to fish Davey!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Exploer,good fishing way to put the kid on one,
                          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Thanks guys, I am trying to get a couple of friends with kids to come down in the next month or two, because I really enjoy making them smile. Heck, if I can not catch fish, why not let someone else.
                            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Mike, that is a very cool report. Great picture of the kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X