Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Say hi to everyone, and I enjoy reading articles in the site.
    I am a usual west bay wader, and have been doing real bad recently, no hits for the pass month. I usually wade around offats, 103rd, 8 mile and sportsman. My question is: Is fishing around this area bad durring summer time? Should I start looking for new areas, or just keep trying around the area. Last year before and after Ike (FALL) I did OK. Seemed like everytime I went I managed bites and also good quality fish, but now its been dead.

After reading the top water artilcle, I purchased some top water super spook jrs and a baitcast reel with a medium action rod. I find it easier to use for top water than my spinnig reel. I still use my spining reel for soft plastics, and currently find myself throwing gulp. I have gotten one blow up in galveston on top, and several in east matagorda. Actually caugh undersize red on matagorda. I ve been wanting to catch on top here ion galveston, but have not found a good location to fish it. Every time I go fish I start early morning top, and change to soft when sun comes up.

Anyone care share some light on good location to get top water action?

Thanks,
    and I will enjoy posting reports once I get in some fish action! .........hopefully soon.
    Last edited by fishBAY; July 13, 2009, 08:32 AM.

Welcome

Comment

Welcome FB
      Yea, in my opinion West Bay has the toughest bite in the summer. Your best topwater bite will be early around the San Luis pass. The incomming tides will bring a little cooler water inside the pass too. I'm throwing topwater early early and then going to soft plastics once the sun comes up. At the pass if the tides are moving you can get a topwater bite most of the day but it can be a grind. When I'm having to fish for numbers I will leave the pass around 9 or 10 and then move to shell pads and work soft plastic baits like Bass Assassins.

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

welcome, I'd be wading closer to the pass this time of year... as winter approaches your spots are right on.

South shoreline coves close to SLP or SLP wading (bay side) for top water action... It gets pretty hot this time of year and fish tend to seek cooler little bit deeper water mid day.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

SLP

SLP is a good drive, Ive been there before, and had to walk a lond way before any action. I am not big on walking longs way from land to fish, I like to be closer to land. Any places that are wadeable, befor SLP. somewhere I can get to from steward rd.

A friend had a bad experience there and I would never want to go through something like that. He was fishing a ways in and befor he new it a small storm came in and the tide came up quick, very quick lucky for him he know how top swim. He left everything behind. Less than 5 minutes he could not touch ground.........scary!

Comment

Welcome to the site.

I agree, during the heat of summer the traditional fall/winter spots on the E. side of W. Bay are less productive. I've been having a hard time recently at my normal haunts near GISP. I'm in the same boat as you... need to find where the bite went.

Comment

Welcome. Try wading Bolivar pocket or behind Sea Wolf

Comment

Welcome Aboard!
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Howdy! I agree with the SLP thing.
                  I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Welcome FB.
                    San Luis pass worth the drive

Comment

Welcome Aboard!

As far as what these guys are saying, there are no fish at SLP.
                      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

welcome.there are fish at slp.
                        Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Working...
                        X