7/18 Trip to the Jetty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/18 Trip to the Jetty

Wish me luck, 1st run to the Jetty ever and on a friends boat.
    I am taking my video HO FLIP recorder to hopefully get some action on here.
    NoBama

Good luck and report back to us. Think you'll have any company out there?

Comment

Good luck P Man....Looking forward to the report!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

good catching to yall
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

may see you out there. We're planning to go offshore but looks like weather may cancel that.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Did you do any good out there?

Comment

Think he's going on Sat

Comment

Good luck! Good report forthcoming hopefully.

Comment

You can hit me up on Channel 16 and ask to jump to any other channel if your out there. I will have my backup handheld.

I just have to find a place tha sells crab anywhere north of doqntown so I can prep it to use out there.
                  NoBama

Comment

Well guys, I am off to the North Jetty Hope its not too bad. PLan B is to go to SLP Galveston side to do some surf fishing.
                    NoBama

Comment

Well guys, the water was nice and clear. We almost had to go to plan b due to the forecast but in the am we decied to go out in the boat.

Water was so clear and calm, perfect for fishing.
                      Below is a link to the video I shot at the North Jetty. I will post a full report after lunch.

Boy did we have some fun. I had a fish bust my 80# line. I am the one in the red shirt.We beat the storm by about 30 minutes. Check out the end of the fis...
                      NoBama

Comment

Spent the night with my parents in Pasadena so I would not have to drivefrom Conroe to Pasadena at 4 in the morning. I got all my gear ready for the 5:30 departure time but ended up leaving closer to 6, my fishing partner had to run through his checklist twice on his boat an trailer.

We got to the boat ramp about 7:30 after stopping to load up on live shrip and spanish sardines. The North jetty was pretty crowded but since it the 1st time I had ever been out there it felt just fine.

We crossed the boat cut and wet down about 200 yards an anchored down. We threw live ship at the rocks and were getting Sheeps head, Piggy, and a few Lady Fish. I saw a few schools of sting rays swin right past the boat. that was cool.

The was was so calm and clear, water as about 83 degrees and there was almost no wind. We almost did not go due to the forcasted storm. I rigged the live 14 inch lady fish with my Redfish steel leader and threw her in. About 20 minutes later my line started to peel and we all love that clicker sound. I got up and set the hook. For the life of me I could not gain an inch on that bad boy. I got spooled and then the line broke when I palced my hand over the spincast rod so I would at least no loose my line. Well it worked. Good thing though. I was at the edge of the boat and prolly would had been taken for a quick swim.

About 30 minutes later, my friends line started to take off. He had a baitcast reel and that poor thing almost got spooled too! the line broke and the best thing of all he did get to fight it a bit. We got it all on video. Check the link above. I am the one in the red shirt.

We finally decided to make out way back around 2:45 and stopped at the Wataburger in from of the Dog track. About 3:45 after we started to eat, it felt like Hurricane Ike all over again! Man we were glad we had made it out just in time. I also put that in the video link above.

Next on my list is to a Bigger reel
                        NoBama

Comment

jetty

great post. A buddy and I were out there right past the boat cut also. We couldnt have been that far from you. Between us all we caught 6 nice specks nothing under 19 inches, 3 sharks (one nice 4ft black tip), Black drum, ladyfish, and some rat reds. The water was perfect. I am sure there will be some more posts on here soon there was alot of boats out there.

Comment

My boats getting a new floor and wont be ready for about a month. I'll be more than glad to come along if invited wife approving that is

We need to pick a channel on the VHF so we can hail other westenders at certain times of the day. That would be cool.
                            NoBama

Comment

Originally posted by pasadenaman View Post
                              we need to pick a channel on the vhf so we can hail other westenders at certain times of the day. That would be cool.
                              16 / 68 always!
                              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Working...
                              X