Kitchen Sink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Sink

Let me try and explain. The water connections from the wall to sink are fine. The issue I have is when I turn the sink on, the connection for the sink head/ spray nozzle is leaking water. It's a plastic connection. I've tried screwing the plastic out and now I can't turn on the water. I'm guessing the copper line allows water to flow through once the sink handle (lever to turn on water) is raised. Water runs out around the plastic piece and drips down to under sink.

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Check to see if the plasitc piece is cracked on the side. Could have been over torqued. You might try unscrewing it and add some teflon and thread compound in case it has been cross threaded. Most faucets have a lifetime warranty
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Ray, I can't get the threaded piece to come off... I keep turning and seemingly make no ground. I wonder if the piece on the copper pipe is turning as well.

Comment

Unfortunately if it's leaking from the top where the copper tubing goes in the fitting will probably have to be replaced. There's a ferrule holding it on the copper tubing. You may be able to pull straight down and get it to slip off -- however if the copper is flared on the end then the only option is to take the fitting off by unscrewing it. Aside from a big arse hammer.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

It would be easier to replace the whole faucet than jacking with that thing.It seems like all the faucets that i have installed over the years even on the named brands them little hand held hose things are cheap compared to the overall faucet.Looking at the first pic the brass were it meets the white plastic fitting is tweeaked a little.Thus the cause of the leak from were i sit.
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Replace the whole faucet? The spray head has been broken on mine. Are they universal?

Comment

some of them are.

Comment

Pick up the new facuit and i will change everything for that Tv your moving in the guest room /LOL if ya need help coe i will come by and help install it !
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Kitchen Sink

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                  Pick up the new facuit and i will change everything for that Tv your moving in the guest room /LOL if ya need help coe i will come by and help install it !
                  I'm about to put the purchase on a commercial style faucet. I'm calling you.

Comment

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=203629318&storeId=10051&l angId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=203629318&ci_kw={keyword} &kwd={keyword}&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googleads-_-pla-_-203629318&ci_gpa=pla#.UIRMhe9gIXU

Comment

Model # CA87005SFB
                      Internet # 203629318

Comment

Good deal ..... Corndog has a Bask one you just touch the thing and it comes on ,but i have never installed on ,dont no if it needs elec? for the touch sensor ?
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Kitchen Sink

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                          http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=203629318&storeId=10051&l angId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=203629318&ci_kw={keyword} &kwd={keyword}&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googleads-_-pla-_-203629318&ci_gpa=pla#.UIRMhe9gIXU

Thanks

Comment

The white adapter almost appears to be a spring lock ferrule,Ive seen them built for hyd connections and some for water pipe repairs,you mite try pushing it up and pinching down on the gray band over the top..then see if it will slip off the copper tube with the gray thingy depressed!Good luck! or a small tubing cutter close to the bottom of your copper line!
                            West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Working...
                            X