POC - Report 7-19-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POC - Report 7-19-09

Donna and I went to our neighbors place down in Port O'Conner for the weekend and had a good time.

Headed out around 8:30am to go 22 miles offshore to a rig that he likes to fish. Using spanish sardines with a white or red head jig. Started off with some really nice hits, but they broke the leader each time.

Donna then hooked up with a 42.5 lb ling and I caught a snapper, which was eaten at the boat by a shark. Had some pot lickers show up and had to leave that rig and headed to another one.

Donna caught another ling (released) and we limited out on snapper. When to the fishing center in POC to weight the Ling, because we thought it migt be a STAR contender, but the leader was at 57.5lbs. Went to another marine and gave a guy a beer to clean the ling. Lots of great steaks came from that fish and they are some of the best eating fish I have had.

Total - 2 ling (1 keeper, 1 released) (3 limits of snapper)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WestEndAngler; July 19, 2009, 11:18 PM. Reason: Type-o's
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

NIce trip Explorer,It was fun when i worken offshore just walk down the stairs and drop a jig.
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Congrats to Donna on the big ling! Thanks for sharing your trip guys. Those are some quality fish you caught.

Comment

Thanks guys..... Once again, the wife out fished me.

Chip (iam hammer)........ I do not want to hear about it!
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

By the way, how about Donna representing FWE!! See the second picture.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Looks like Donna had a great day out there and hammered you..........Again!
            Nice job Mike & Donna!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

very nice trip.congrats
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report and pics. Very nice looking ling

Comment

Originally posted by CarolinaSkiffin View Post
                  Thanks for the report and pics. Very nice looking ling

Thanks, we actually took a 24 ft. Carolina Skiff out there. It did very well considering it is a flat bottom boat.
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice work!! Good eatin ling.

Comment

Working...
                    X