468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offshore fishing in Galveston - how far do you have to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offshore fishing in Galveston - how far do you have to go?

As you can see from my post yesterday, we went out 22 miles from POC and got some good action. My question is, how far offshore do you have to go in order to get into deep enough water to catch some nice snapper, etc.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Depends on water condition, time of year and where ya go. I'd say 20+ miles. My brother went about 18 yesterday and they caught 2 kings, 1 spannymac, 1 keeper snapper and had a ling come up but wouldn't eat. They got chased out by storms after 2 hours total time.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. We would only go out if the wind laid down, since we are in a 21ft boat. I would just like to know a few rigs to hit and take it from there. As for time of year, I am assuming the cooler the water temp the closer to shore you can fish.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

You can easily anchor or hook up to a rig and start chumming and bottom fishing your bound to catch some lane and vermillion along with kings and perhaps a few just legal red snappers. Ling could show up easily and I've seen sail fish as close in as 15 miles plus one was caught earlier this year in State Waters!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

You can also hit the ten mile rigs out of freeport .
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Does anyone have LAT/LONG for these rigs that are 10 to 15 miles out?
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Shoot i dont Explorer but when you head out of the freeport jettey you can see them when i was younger me and my friends would just drive to them.
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                Shoot i dont Explorer but when you head out of the freeport jettey you can see them when i was younger me and my friends would just drive to them.
                !
                Attached Files
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

I'd try hitting the ones right out of the pass......one is 6 miles and 9 miles.
                  I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Thanks 007, do you know the depth out there?
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                      Thanks 007, do you know the depth out there?
                      50-60'
                      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

That is what I am talking about. Thanks again Mike, we might have to try it some time.
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                        X