West Bay 17-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay 17-19

Friday went out late and fished the snake island area with artificials and live shrimp, nothing except one big fat ugly gafftop.

Saturday morning waded around snake, one trout. Went to shrimp boat, crowded, went to the channels leading to pass, dead. Bait looked good, water looked good nothing. Tried another wade around the water tower on the way in, dead.

Saturday evening back out with afriend, nothing, not even a hardhead on live shrimp. stayed close to Sea Isle due to the storms in the area.

Sunday morning - out to shrimp boat straight away just after 6, occupied. Headed to channels towards pass. Picked up a couple of trout and live shrimp. I waded, he stayed in boat. I was using a plum assassin with no action, I switched to a TTF Firetiger color and picked up nice trout, got him in the basket, threw out and WHAM, something wasn't happy being hooked up. See pics. After the 25 minute battle, got the pics, but he had chased everything out of the channel we were fishing.

Floated over one of the large bars and found a better channel, 15 feet deep. Drops super quick. Threw that Firetiger color and was getting bumped every other cast, small trout and sandies, only caught a few until the storms ran us off. FYI, I ran out of that color until my buddy brought me a few more, switched to plum-chart, nothing.

Others around Sea Isle didn't seem to catching too many either.

done
    Attached Files

Nice Jack !
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

good report PB. Thanks.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice jack and thanks for the report.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

That looks like fun!
          Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Sweet.....Jacks are a blast!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

great report, nice jack!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice job. I saw a big school of them in lower west bay about a week ago. I stopped and just watched them, pretty cool site.

Comment

Working...
                X