Windy Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy Day

A buddy and myself fished W. Bay last Wednsday morning despite 20mph winds. Ended up being a pretty good day.

I ended up releasing 6 keeper specks to 19". Most were smaller fish but at least none were dinks. 2 on top and the rest jerk shad. Had a few blow-ups/quick-losses from nice trout on the topwater.

Seeing my buddy hook-up was what really made the trip. He is a sort of a noob, only fished the surf with dead bait before, and I convinced him to buy a kayak a month or so ago. I'm getting him used to artis, showing what to look for, where to anchor vs. drift, etc. The trip before he brought 2 flounder to the yak but was skunked none-the-less (nets are nice). This trip he managed his first 4 keeper fish from the yak, which are also his first 4 trout on artis (gulp shrimp, well, quasi-artis ). Another yak fisherman joins the ranks!

Very nice pictures______The story was good too!
    Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Way to get him started Yan!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good job Yan!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good going MJ!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

great pics!! helluva camera
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Way to break another one in MJ!!

Comment

Great action pictures and way to get another person hooked on fishing.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Way to go. Doesn't look like we are going to get a break from these winds anytime soon

Comment

Working...
                  X