Need Feedback on This Bubba Blade!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Feedback on This Bubba Blade!!!

So a friend gave me a gift -the so called Bubba blade, it says its a bad ahhs knife,but im not impressed
    at first i tried it on some specks, and it did well, but as sharp as they advertise it, i thought it was going to
    make the cleaning Red-fish easier,-not...so i took it to a butcher who said it was sharp enough,but i
    still did better with my 15.00 $$ fillet knife better, then i took it to a friend who owns a BBQ place
    and with his experience he put it on his sharpener put an edge on it....tried on some reds wed. and
    it seems to have gotten worse, If i would of bought it myself i would of already asked for my $$ back,
    but it was a gift so.....Does anybody have any feedback on this Bubba blade????
    i found some other forums that talk about it,seems more negative than good, its the 7 in. flex

i like mine... i can widdle out 20 - 30 trout in no time flat... reds are hard on any blade lol... keep it sharp and if you are having probs cleaning fish it is not a magic blade that does all the work for you... lmao if you dont like it i will take it iff your hands...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Scale them reds first. You can use the scales for homemade body armor.
      Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
      "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Get an electric for this job,Bubba is an ok knife the handle is a good fit in my hand! great on trout! not so good on reds,but better on Reds than the cheap Rapala, Ill take yours if you just cant stand it!
        West Bay Sensai...

Comment

I need a new knife. How's the Bubba blade compare to the Cutco?
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

What about the knife guy that comes to all the hunting & fishing shows... I've heard he has a great redfish blade.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I'm sticking with the Dexter. Cleaned a couple hundred fish with it and it's still sharp. Even cleaned a pig with it.

Comment

I haven't tried the Bubba Blade, but the Cutco is a good knife. So are the Dexters. If I have a lot of fish I use an electric.
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                  If I have a lot of fish I use an electric.
                  Kenny, I wish I had that problem! LOL!
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I use an electric but always wanted to try the bubba. Maybe I can sneak a trip in with Hogie and he can show me how he uses it on the 20-30 trout....
                    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

You guys ever try a curved knife like is shown in this video. This guy sure gets more yield off his fillets than I do. I need more practice.

Watch and learn as Captain Vincent Russo shows youTHE BEST way to clean you Sea Trout. Get maximum yield with EVERY FISH!Visit http://www.CleanYourCatch.com ...
                      "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Nice,cant argue with that it works!
                        West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Working...
                        X