Galveston 7/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston 7/24

Got the yak launched a half hour before first light and found the surf to be "almost" calm.

Pretty hairy seeing a 3' wave tighten up as it gets shallow coming at you and you are in a kayak in the dark Luckily none broke on me and I was able to see and turn into the steeper ones.

First cast gets blown up on almost immediately, and gets hooked up another 10' into the retrieve. Decent 17"er on the stringer and I'm thinking it's on like donkey kong.

As first light came, it showed what I expected, sandy water due to the W. wind we've been having, maybe 10" of visibility. At least it wasn't as hairy since I could now see the big rollers from a ways away.

I continue using the top for another hour or so with not even a blow-up. Switch to a paddle-tail and start hitting sand trout, some were decent 13"ers but I let them all go.

Managed another decent speck, and lost one about the same size too.

Slow day, not very much bait around, but I got one good bag of fillets out of it and it's always nice to get a trip in before work. There was one wader nearby and he had a few decent specks too.

nice early morning trip.congrats
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

At least you were able to get out there! I'm stuck in the office!!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good job MJ!
        Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Good try MJ. Thanks!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

good work what was the water like ? color wise?
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Sandy... not too muddy, but definently not green.

Comment

Come on clear up.
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

darnit worth a try
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Good report....Thanks,
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                    X