36 Hour tuna Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36 Hour tuna Trip

I made a good post yesterday only to find out that I was not logged on or something strange like that. But I took a tuna trip on the Capt. John out of Galveston Pier 19 on the 22nd. I was able to hook up with Patrick Lemire with the Texas Fish and Game Magazine to give me some pointers and how to for tuna.

I managed 10 footballs but had a great time playing with the yellowfin on topwaters. I had 3 hook ups and several missed blow ups. Talk about drag smoking fish. Hell they come right out of the water exspecially chasing those flying fish.

I got very few pics but its taken me some time to recover. You need to be in shape to fight these monsters all night.

For more information you need to check out the Capt. John fishing reports at Williams Party Boats Galveston Texas.http://fishing.galveston.com/CaptJoh...ohnReports.asp

WTG Amigo! Nice report!!!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

good goin!!!!!!!!!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

nice catching.!
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Shaweeettt!!!!! Nice job Kevin

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I'v done many on those trips on the Capt John, and rubbed many elbows with ol Patrick.

He knows his stuff.
            FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Nice work Kevin! Got to love those tuna, good eating.
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks for the report-nice pics and fish!
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I hope Bailey was quick to get the fish of your line... Short little black haired deckhand... He's one of us as well
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Bailey worked nonstop! He also pulled night shift and decked all my tuna, I think the Capt. daughter decked my snapper. He got to see the look on my face after decking my first tuna after 4 misses only to be an undersized yellowfin, lol! And he decked my biggest one that is in the picture. I would have told a better story but I was just too excited to post something up.

Bailey busted his *** off and thats no joke! He worked hard the whole trip.

Comment

Good job and nice pics

Comment

iis funny how high a fish will jump just to hit something right on the surface

Comment

Good to hear, they are taking another trip tomorrow be back Thursday or something is what Cody & Bailey were saying... I can't wait for the 36 hr trips after Snapper Season they'll start doing them on the weekends
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                          X