Fishing Lights to use on your boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Lights to use on your boat

I was thinking about building me a fishing light set up and stand set up to run on my boat with a genarator of whatever size it needs to be.Also what size does the lights need to be and where can I get some and cost. Please give me some feedback of what yours look like. Some photo's would be great also if you have some.

thanks

santa fe pawnshop sells some nice 1000 watt par 64 lights.
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

121-FISHPACK-2B
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
        thanks. Going in the morning to get mine Did not realize their business is close to where I live.

Comment

Nice....Now you just need to take me out with you!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
            Nice....Now you just need to take me out with you!
            I hear ya

Comment

10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                santa fe pawnshop sells some nice 1000 watt par 64 lights.
                What you doing at Santa fe pawn shop getting your gun back or renewing you white power membership!!! JK !!! The town does have a reputation!!!
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Good price...I paid $150 for mine.
                  Don't be a Nancy!
                  If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I sure want to try fishing with these 1000 watt lights. So I have a few questions. On a boat would you reccomend two 1000 watt lights or one? and if two 1000 watt lights, What generator would you use? Those 2000 watt compact generators are pricey, and the bigger ones are loud.
                    "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
                    "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

I have a 1000 watt par 64 and we have a mopped up trout under it at Peligan Island Bridge. I just can't do the alnight thing anymore. Mess's me up for several afterwards. Guess I'm getting or somrthing. Here is a set trane lights next to a green light. There are more fish caught under the white lights than the green.
                      Attached Files
                      Saltmadness

Comment

I use 2 @1000 watt lights.
                        The more light the more bait you will attract.
                        I also use 10 foot poles because the higher you set the lights the more you can angle them down. It gives you deeper water penetration, and more bait.

To size your generator you multiply the load X 1.25.
                        1000 watts = a 1250 generator.
                        2000 watts = a 2500 generator.

Honda is the best, but VERY expensive.
                        I bought a Yamaha because it cost less and It works great. I have had it for about 5 years. Just as quiet as the Honda. It also doesn't have brushes that wear out. The only thing I don't like about the Yamaha is the gas tank is smaller. 2 lights will run about 4 hours.

Be sure to use a GFI if the generator doesn't come with one.
                        Also if you set up in an place that has sand, spray your air filter with WD40 or sand will pass through it and clog your carberator. I found that out the hard way.

Comment

Sounds like you ought to be an electrician !!
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hey Plugger,

An electrician Hmmm, My profile says I am.

How's your cold doing? Hope you are feeling better.

I need to finish fixing my boat and also get some thicker waders.
                            Mine are to cold when the water drops below 60 degrees.
                            Do you know if Academy carries the 5mm?
                            I haven't been fishing for 3 weeks.

Comment

Dale, I know you are an electrician.....I was being a smart aleck. HAR ! Haven't fished for 2 weeks !! You have to fix that. I got some new waders at Bass Pro 288 2 weeks ago. You need to layer. Get some polypropylene thin insulators with the highest insulating factor, then 2 pairs of warm warm pants like for hunting /fishing, top and bottoms, a fleece lined shirt and most importantly, a old winter military type watch hat that covers your neck and ears and fastens under your chin to wear over your baseball cap. The hood from your wade jacket goes over your head last. You loose a lot of hear through your head. I got a new watch cap at the army surplus on Westhiemer. I love it. Has imitation fur on the inside ear flaps and covers my entire neck. I recently got some wade pants at Academy-they have elastic sturrips that fit under the sole of your feet so they don't bunch up putting on your waders.
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X