Galveston Bay Fishing Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston Bay Fishing Report

First I would like to say HI !!! to everyone in this forum. I am a fishing guide on Galveston Bay and I will drop in every once in awhile and give you guys a fishing report. Hope you enjoy my information and if you ever have any questions about fishing, baits, locations, techniques or a guided trip please feel free to contact me! Fishing has been really good to excellent lately. We have had a few days that just didn’t produce the numbers we have been use to, but overall most of our trips have been outstanding. The only thing that has slowed us down has been the weather and slack tides. The trout are so healthy this year! We have had some trips where we have had to release some trout over the 25 in. range because we already had one per person in the box. I’m really pleased with the quality of the fish we have been catching. Another thing I have noticed is the gulf trout and the sand trout have shown up this year and we have been catching some between the 15in. and 20in. range regularly. It seems like our bay system is refreshed and all the species are healthy and plentiful. As for locations I here that all of our bay systems are producing. The hot spots have been the shorelines in Trinity Bay, fishing shallow with top waters has been best, The mid bay reefs in East Bay have been great when the water is clean, the channel has been solid and the wells have also been consistent. Live croaker has worked best for us drifting over shell in 6-8 ft. of water. I expect the fishing to remain strong over the next couple of weeks as long as our weather is decent. Our bays have been cleaned up of most of the visable debris and our bays have been thriving since Ike, so don't hesitate to get out and catch some quality fish! Until next time, see you on the water.Ok here's my first report.
    Capt. Alan
    www.galveston-fishing.com

Thanks for the report Capt. Alan. Its nice to see new faces and people who really want to share the information like you did. Novice to Pro, its a large bay and there is alot to learn from everyone.

Thanks for your post and looking forward towards more posts. Hope you continue to do great things for your customers.

Comment

Thanks Capt.!
      Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Thanks for the report Capt. Alan!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

thanks for the report and welcome aboard capt!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

thanks for the report and welcome aboard
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks Captain, looking forward to sharing some reports with you (if I can catch some darn fish.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                X