Abu Orra inshore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abu Orra inshore

Well I've done a lot of research on this reel and it seems to be as good if not better than the curado . But that's just wat I've read so before I drop $150 on it I want to know if anyone has used this reel and if so wats yalls opinion on it . Thanks.
    FF

Originally posted by FISHINFREAK View Post
    Well I've done a lot of research on this reel and it seems to be as good if not better than the curado . But that's just wat I've read so before I drop $150 on it I want to know if anyone has used this reel and if so wats yalls opinion on it . Thanks.
    FF
    Go for it and let us know! My only input would be is that retail, or a price you found on eBay...If it's $150 @ Academy, you might be able to get it 25% or better on eBay. On a $200 Lews reel, I recently found it NIB for $140.
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

X2 on ebay

I bought 2 Revo Inshores on ebay for $175 each vs $229 at the tackle shops

Comment

Not to mention, the Calcutta 700S, the new tool box, the 2 Daiwa Saltist LD20 2 speeds, the 1000m of 100lb braid, the......
        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Re: Abu Orra inshore

Okay will check it out guys thanks !!

Comment

Okay will check it out guys thanks !!

Looks like a good reel for the money...a little on the heavy side but a 15# drag for a small baitcaster, that's pretty darn good! I'll be interested to see what you think if you get it!
            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Yeah I'm gonna go check them out I gotta hold them and see wat feels better to me . It's gonna be a present from the wife for Christmas so she told me to hurry up and decide hahaha

Comment

Yeah I'm gonna go check them out I gotta hold them and see wat feels better to me . It's gonna be a present from the wife for Christmas so she told me to hurry up and decide hahaha
                I posted that one because he has new, free shipping, and a make me an offer tab on his listing...I'd send him an offer of $100 and see what he counters. If you've never ordered off eBay...I got my reel in 2 days.
                Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Yeah I saw that I gotta check them out first to make sure which one I want

Comment

FF
                    I am currently using the Orra. IMO, the overall performance reminds me of the Citica, but does not feel as well built. The castability does not seem to be as good as the Curados. In my limited experience with this reel (3 months), the durability for saltwater fishing is questionable. As a kayaker, my reels get abused from the saltwater and get dunked or splashed on every now and then. I always rinse my reels immediately after every trip and relube the reels after every few trips or so. Even then, I already had to send the Orra back for reel maintenance and repairs after only 15 fishing trips. I've also had the same problems with several Curado 200E5 reels that I used to owned.

Comment

Okay man thanks a lot I appreciate it I was leaning towards a curado anyway lol but I might go with a citica too or the daiwa inshore to have had citicas and have used the daiwas and luv them so I just gonna dismiss the Orra lol thanks !!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I'll probably, ok definitely... scratch that one off my list as well...thanks for the review!
                        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I have the Orra SX and love it. The only problem is you have to use a small screwfriver to loosen the screw that holds on the cover plate for the brake weights to adjust them (if you do that a lot). Once I had it set right (1 brake) I can cast it a mile without backlashes. I also like the drag. Remember, I'm no authority on reels and offer only a limited experience opinion on baitcasters, but I really like mine. I didn't know until last year that you have to loosen the drag star for storage 'cause the drag washer has memory....learning all the time!
                          Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                          "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Ran across this price from Walmart. Looks like a great reel for a good price. I have been fishing with the Black Max and its been great so far.

Comment

I got and Orra inshore late last year and love it, i sold my curado to a Buddy and will be getting another. I usually take two with me whenever we go just incase.

Comment

Working...
                              X