Morning Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Fishing

I've fished the last two days with one skunk (lost a few), and caught 1 decent trout today. At least I know where they aren't. Much slower than a week ago when we had the heavy W. wind.

If you are fishing early this weekend, you might want to consider fishing shallow water. I was deeper, ~3-4', and they weren't in there. I think the early morning high tide has them close to the shore. Could be some good redfishing along shorelines. My other guess is that the lack of tide movement might have the bite off, but I can generally get a few around wind-driven currents on slack tide.

Thanks JUG...
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Thanks for the report Yan!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I eased out to the South Shoreline behind my house at the crack of dawn this morning (around 8:40) and the water looks like sheet. Made one cast and caught a damm gaftop. I cut my line off, waded back and quit. I didnt even have any beer in the Mule either when I got back to it. A first and last.

I shouldve stayed in Las Vegas another week till this turns around. Sunday/Monday may be O.K.

Comment

Sorry about the lack of beer. Cold one at 9am to shake off the skunk sounds nice

I forgot to mention that the clarity today was much better than yesterday. I could just see my orange paddle blade 2' down so the fish can probably see those lures too.

Comment

Thanks for the report. I saw you out there today. I only caught one keeper trout and few undersized trout and rat reds.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
              I've fished the last two days with one skunk (lost a few), and caught 1 decent trout today. At least I know where they aren't. Much slower than a week ago when we had the heavy W. wind.

If you are fishing early this weekend, you might want to consider fishing shallow water. I was deeper, ~3-4', and they weren't in there. I think the early morning high tide has them close to the shore. Could be some good redfishing along shorelines. My other guess is that the lack of tide movement might have the bite off, but I can generally get a few around wind-driven currents on slack tide.
              nice report M.J
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

At least you got to go. I'm stuck working to pay back for my trip down South.
                Come Tuesday - Thursday...its on though.
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I wanna go down south!!! I need a bigger Boat!!!
                  Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

I have already said it a few times in the other posted, but this weekend was rough on the water. SSW wind blew out several areas, so I waded along lots of south shoreline and ended up with 2 reds and one flounder. We then went to Coach's camp and threw around his area and ended up with a few rat reds and 1 decent trout. Another then that, drank crown and beer all weekend.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

My wife and I fished the back guts of Green's last night until after midnight. Live shrimp under popping corks. Result: 1 gafftop and a couple of croaker. Not a sign of a trout in there last night. Very low tide after midnight made getting back to Highland Bayou ramp (Louis Bait Camp) interesting and very slow at times.
                      Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
                      and
                      Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

Working...
                      X