7/31 & 8/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/31 & 8/1

Went and fished deep shell near the Texas City Dike Friday with my party of three. It was a very slow morning with hardly any tidal flow and the wind steady blowing from the southwest. Water over on the deep shell was a little off colored but very fishable. Around 10:00 we finally found a small bite free lining Shrimp. Boxed 9 Trout and released 2 or 3 more that were just a hair over 15". The jetties looked like crap!

Today wasn't much better. Launched the boat over at Fat Boys and headed over to Sea Isle to pick up my party at 5:30. What a he!! of a boat ride with a strong 15 knot southwest wind. We started off at Mud Cut but the water was TRASHED!!!!!! Drove around the Pass but it too was TRASHED!!!!!! All of West Bay was pretty much TRASHED!!!!!! I found one little slick off of a shell pad out in the middle of the bay, what the he!! lets try it. Due to the high winds and water crashing over our shoulders and slapping us around behind the head I figured it might be a tad to rough for topwaters LOL. With the water clarity at about 1" I decided we should all go with the Limetreuse Assassin. It wasn't long before I was bowed up with a fat 21" Trout followed by 2 more. Then Joey caught his first of three Trout. Then Mike caught one not long after that. Total for the day was 11 Trout to 21" with anoth 4 or 5 pulloffs. With the water extremely trashed we went to the bright Limetreuse SaltWater Assassin rigged on 1/8 once lead heads working them extremely SLOW. All Trout caught in about 4' of water.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Tough conditions, but still rewarded for toughing it out! Appreciate the report AP!
    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Thanks for the report AP!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Way to stay with it and figure it out!
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

That's a great catch in this wind with the limited vis. and white capping!
          I've been using limetreuse BA's & SE's too, but my new "love bait" is the core shot with rootbeer/red glitter surrounded by translucent lime.
          Wading deep and working it slow has been the ticket. I've also done better mid-morning than early. Still haven't had atopwater bite worth a chit!
          Oh and the wind this morning is 15 SSW....so far.
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
            That's a great catch in this wind with the limited vis. and white capping!
            I've been using limetreuse BA's & SE's too, but my new "love bait" is the core shot with rootbeer/red glitter surrounded by translucent lime.
            Wading deep and working it slow has been the ticket. I've also done better mid-morning than early. Still haven't had atopwater bite worth a chit!
            Oh and the wind this morning is 15 SSW....so far.
            way to grind pimp
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

AP is my hero! How the heck does that boy do it?????? I fought tough conditions all weekend and he nails them again. That is why he is called the pimp!
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

nice grind.good job putting them on some fish
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

AP oughta change his handle to Captain CatchinFish because he can find em when no one else can. Nice going AP.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                  X