Practice Marbling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice Marbling

I finally got around to trying this out and it's not as easy as I thought it would be. I'm using Bullards pigments (orchid, pearl) and working on a scrap blank. The first attempt I took the orchid and used it as a base coat. I then added the pearl:

The second I did the same except this time I used the Trelikes Sap with the pearl:

Third attempt I placed a black metallic base wrap and one coat of epoxy. I then added the Trelikes Sap to both orchid and pearl. I prefer this method:

Hope this might assist someone and have a good one.

I think it looks cool, I know my daughter would love it.

Comment

Randy, when marbling (without the sap) mix up your colors, apply base coat then let that sit for a while. It will depend on what brand of finish you use as to how fast it sets and how long you wait but just play with it. Let the other colors sit in the cups. Once they thicken up a bit start to apply. I like to use a metal pick and wipe off the pick each time I apply a color. The thicker it is the less muddling of colors you get. In the first pic the both finishes were still thin and blended together quickly. The sap just accelerates this process. Hope this helps.

Comment

Also be careful with the heat! I have some tips on this page https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7400525&type=3

Comment

The second one had too much sap in the mix and it changed the silver to a pasty white. I'm going to try and stop by today and pick up some additional colors. Your page looks nice and those are some very nice custom rods. Weaves, marble, crosswraps, spilt seats.......you have a sickness! Hahaha!
          Outstanding work and as always thanks for the help.

Randy

Comment

Working...
          X