Goohole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goohole

I know this is not WestBay and I could not follow back far enough to find where Imhammer posted up our trip into trinity bay. But I am glad to say I found a closer area to get to where Chip and I were at to launch the boat.

Never been to the goohole but I got a hold of a friend of mine that knew the area well along with some close fishing buddies information. The boat ramp and facilities looked great and no cutting across cotton lake was a pluss. The fishing out in the bay on the other hand was a mess!

Once we got out of Reds Bayou out into Trinity bay we were hit with 15-20 mile an hour winds and chop! We found some protected shoreline just south of the bayou that was kind of different for Galveston Bay. We found an underwater grass shoreline that was littered with bait.

Using topwaters and plastics nothing was cooperating to well untill my friend hooks up with a flounder! Spit the hook, threw back out and hooked back up with it again only to have the line break next to him. Ugg!

For me I did not have a hook up with artificials. We did bring some live friskies to drift with only to find some active lady fish and a mix of hard heads and baby gafftop.

The wind and chop yesterday wore me out and had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. But I sure am looking forward towards my next trip out of the Goohole because it puts you between the spillway and jacks pocket and there is some great fishing in the area but I did not hook up with the great fish like Imhammer and I did the last time we were out in Feb(the last post)!

Tough day, but I blame it on the weather folks for saying it would only be 9mph out of the south and the 610 radio guides reported 20mph! Not upset about the non catching but sure am happy I learned a new area!

Last time I fished that area, launched out of Anahuac Park. It was an hour 15 min drive, but is very close to Jacks pocket. I will try Gou Hole next time though, since it is a shorter drive.
    Thanks for the report Kevin!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I was out there running around in my Gator-Tail on Saturday from say 9:30 til 2. Did you all see me I went North of I-10 and down to Reds Bayou area Jacks Pocket just running the boat. I launched @ Hugo PT 10 min to Jacks Pocket
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

We launched at daylight and were in just around two and must have just missed you. The new boat ramp at Goohole road is that called Hugo PT?

Comment

Kevin, Gou Hole Road is a road that's just South of I-10 and it heads East off of FM565 which is the Lost Lake / Old River Winfree exit just before the Trinity river bridge as your heading East on I-10.

Hugo Point is the public launch at the end of Gou Hole Road.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
          X