Round 2 North Jetty Trip 08/04/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 2 North Jetty Trip 08/04/09

Whats up guys and gals, I must have done somthing right on the last jetty trip. I was invited today to go back out there on Tuesday morning at 0530. Look for a report and video. This time I won't have a tale about the one that got away. I will be breaking in my TLD25 with the 500 yards of braided Power Pro.
    NoBama

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck! I will be out there too

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Looking forward to your report-good luck.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks!
          NoBama

Comment

Bring back the big one.
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Get 'em
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                Bring back the big one.
                Yea, I hope to recover the leader I lost 2 weeks ago
                Last edited by PasadenaMan; August 3, 2009, 11:47 PM.
                NoBama

Comment

Good Luck, let me know where you catch the big ones. I am taking a few young ladies (15 & 18 year olds) out on Wednesday to try and catch a few big ones. They have never been to the jetties so hopefully I can get them connected on some sharks, bull reds, or whatever has a taste for my baits....
                  "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
                  "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

PasadenaMan:

tell us about the trip. Do any good (hope so)?
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Sorry about the late reply. Been busy at work.... Glad though. Job Security.

We went out to the North jetty and started fishing around 7:45. Water temp was about 84 degrees, winds were calm and not much cloud coverage out there. The water was not as clear as it was the last time we went. On the way there I started to install my TLD25 on my broom stick an realized that the 550 yards spool was in the way of installing the rod bracket. Oh well.

The night before I went to Wally World and bought a plastic insulated zipper pouch lunch bag, I cut some holes in it and while we were out at the jetty , we put some dead fish in there as well as a few live whitings that we stabbed.

I crissoned the New rod and rell with about 9 16-24inch sharks on a Spanish Sardine rigged on a priano wire King fish leader. I let them all go expecting to get a bigger shark. It was the coolest thing watching the small sharks swim by the home made chum bag tied to the boat. The funny thing is that I caught about 12 crabs. They kept eating my sardines, and I kept reeling them in and netting them.

My friend cuaght a nice 32 inch Red on a live finger mullet. I have it on video but have not been able to edit it. The boat owner, DANEWELL on 2cool, caught a nice 24 inch spec.

It was pretty much all sharks for me. I had no problem reeling them in with my TLD25 and broom stick. Keppt hoping to get a big fish but they were not there for me. I am going to see if maybe CAZ may want to do some Shark Fishing on day with his YAK and my gear.

After getting nice and burnt we headed in about 3pm and called it a day.
                      NoBama

Comment

sounds like you had fun.thanks for the report
                        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks Pasadenaman-was waiting patiently to see yur report. Sorry their mommies didn't bite-next time.........

Thanks and good luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X