14ft aluminum boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14ft aluminum boat

Hey fellas I just got back from Califorrniiuuuh with a little boat my dad gave me. I took it out on Lake houston and conroe just to be sure it ran.
    I want to give it a try in salt water. I was wondering where I should put it in, it has a 15 horse evinrude so its slow and rough.

Anyway I figured I'd gove the best site an opportunity to help me out again.

Thanks

David C. L'Heureux
    ET2(SW/AW) USN RET
    100% Disabled Veteran

what are you looking to do??? Fish or test ride the boat? If running the boat only I would go out of Jamaica Beach. Plenty of canal to putt around on then can open her up once you hit the bay. Plus plenty of protection from south winds if they're howling...
    sigpic

Comment

Try Pirates area also there's so good area you can run around in that's fairly protected. Jamaica isn't bad either.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Very nice man, that'll catch some fish if you know what you are doing.

Comment

Also, you can put in at OLD KOA on the Brazoria side of the San Luis Pass. I have a 14ft aluminum as well (motor is a little bigger), and I put in there. High winds make crossing Cold Pass tricky on bad days but usually its not that bad. Once you get accross into Titlum Tatlum Bayou thats a perfect place for your boat.

You can also just go down the south shore of Cold pass if you don't want to cross.

If you just want to get into some water and not have to worry about too much boat traffic... Halls bayou launch at 2004 and the Cedar Lake Creek at St. Bernard are mostly quiet places that you could test out the boat with little worry of being in other people's way.

Comment

Cool I'll try all those spots. Hopefully soon!! It is still registered in Ca(current) Do I have to get TX registration before I put it in the water down there?? Or should it be ok out of state? To start with I plan on just putzing around and possibly wet a line. While I love just being on the water catching a couple makes it that much better!!!

David C. L'Heureux
            ET2(SW/AW) USN RET
            100% Disabled Veteran

Comment

Working...
            X