my first bayou vista resident post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first bayou vista resident post

my friend julie and i hit west bay this am. not too early, too tired from moving. juie threw back a 15ish trout she snagged on a topwater. i had a little thump on my tequila gold bull minnow and set the hook. the fish swam towards me and i started to feel a little weight on the end as it got closer. i thought i had a flounder. the fish surfaced and it was a huge trout. 26 1/2 inches and 6.5 lbs on the boga!! she swallowed it all the way down and was bleeding so i had to string her. we had numerous trout and rat red throwbacks and then a school of keeper reds came thru just as julie was going back to the boat. i had one big red on then it swam into my stringer and came off. next cast i strung a 25inch red. 2-3 casts later i strung another red around 22. the bite died after that and we were back at the house and had the fish and boat cleaned by 1230. i think i'm going to like it here. tequila gold works too texxan1!! thanks for the hint.
    i have a cleaning table pic i may post later.
    michelle

ps. i heard JT (junior trout) was on the bay but didn't have quite as good of a stringer!!!

That's because the fish have moved off "his" flat!

Nice day on the water for sure!!! JT you might need to claim a few more spots around West Bay
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Way to go!!! I heard the west bay fish are nice to resident newbies.

Comment

Nice report and way to go! You have to like days when there is lots of action.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

i think i'm going to like it here
          I would have been thinking the same thing

Comment

Nice fish Michelle!! Your making it look easy

Comment

Michelle, I'm right down the road in Santa Fe, I'll come help You thin out them fish if You show Me how. By the looks of My last few trips I could use the lesson!!! LOL
              Beandaddy

Comment

That is some awfully low blows being delivered.

Nice fish(s) though michelle. I called the ttu wader up on the way to the bote and he met me at daylight at sea isle marina. We really werent concentrating on fishing today you see. Just scouting around. And, I know you believe me.

Comment

Nice job Michelle....Good to see a good report right off the bat!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

good trip!
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

very nice michelle.Congrats!
                      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Very nice Michelle!

I was in Bayou Vista yesterday at Big Daddys sucking down cold beer and eating lunch after fishing.

AQUA PIMP
                        AQUA PIMP......
                        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

OK Michelle, as your first fishing post, you are required to give lat/lon on where the location you caught those excellent fish. (No we won't "potlick" your spot, we'll just claim it as "our spot" and say you potlicked our spot).
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                          X