Fishing This Morning 8/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing This Morning 8/5

I went out at 6:00 and waded shallow grass, sand, and scattered shell for a change. Incoming tide and green water, maybe 12" visibility.
    Nothing on top so I threw Norton SE 1/8th. jig.
    I caught and released twelve reds 4 to 7#'s and three trout, biggest maybe 20". Slow was the ticket. I did have some big blow ups on top on my way back to the boat, again slow with loooong pauses, but no cegar!
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

that's great kenny. we just managed one red today. i think jt caught it but i'm not sure!!
    michelle

Comment

Sounds like a good day. Tops have been rough lately for me as well and most of my catches have been on plastics. Good work!
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Cool deal.....Lookin' Forward to tomorrow!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Chip, you going out tomorrow? Jeremy called asking how the water looked and mentioned he was coming down to our cove and fishing, are you going with him?

By the way, try out Bay Harbor Cove.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
            Chip, you going out tomorrow? Jeremy called asking how the water looked and mentioned he was coming down to our cove and fishing, are you going with him?

By the way, try out Bay Harbor Cove.
            Fishing with Kenny in the am. Should be able to find a few fish. I need a couple of reds to cook on the half shell for Tina. I have been promising to cook it for her for a while, but i only eat fish I cook the same day I catch it.
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice catching.congrats
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report Kenny. Good luck and keep em coming.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                X