Reel ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reel ??

So my wife got me another new reel for Christmas and I got another $100 on a academy card. So she got me the curado g6 I'm torn on whether to keep it or get the chronarch. Or one of the other reels I like the Revo stx or sx or maybe even a lews . I am torn any opinions on any of these reels or suggestions ??

If you are using it in saltwater I would stick with shimano. If you don't need anything else at academy, I'd use the card and upgrade to the chronarch.

Comment

Re: Reel ??

I will be using it in salt bit the revos say it has shielded bearing for anti corrosion

Comment

I've never owned a revo but I have seen plenty that freeze up after a few trips. They are harder to clean as well. Shimanos hold up better, are easier to get parts for and easier to clean. -Why I fish with them.

Comment

Yeah I'm a shimano and Penn guy my self but the revos felt so damn smooth

Comment

I agree the shimanos are the best saltwater reel. I still use my old Cruxis200 for wade fishing, but I like my 90.00 Lews from the boat. Smooth as silk and tested hard. jmo.

Comment

Okay thanks

Comment

X2 on chronarch. I use that more than my curado. Love shimano!! Do it!

Comment

Chronarch all the way.

Comment

A lot of responses I've had from multiple places is chronarch and lews a very few abus

Comment

I have had very good luck wading with Shimanos. When I bought my last one, I asked one of the experienced reel repair guys at FTU about the Chronarch or the Revo. He said if I was wading, definitely take the Shimano. Didn't have to push me too hard, I was leaning that way already.

For what it's worth.
                      "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

forget the revo aint worth it. gone through a few.
                        Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Okay thanks

Comment

Reel ??

Go with shimano. Abus low profile reels dont last in salt. And its hard to get parts for lews.

Comment

Reel ??

One thing to rem is , if your fishing winter u want a slower geared real , the faster geared for summer , rem to work that bait slow !
                              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
                              X