San Luis Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Luis Pass

Fellow anglers, quick question: Can I launch at San Luis Pass Park at 6 am or do i need to wait for park office hours? Also, how is the fishing there lately and any advice as i am exploring new waters. Thanks for any tips.

Originally posted by mlam View Post
    Fellow anglers, quick question: Can I launch at San Luis Pass Park at 6 am or do i need to wait for park office hours? Also, how is the fishing there lately and any advice as i am exploring new waters. Thanks for any tips.
    If you're coming from Galveston, you don't have to pay the toll if you go thru before 6am. The park is shut down but the ramp is open 24/7. Stay left when leaving the ramp or you'll be high and dry.
    Attached Files
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

thanks for the advice, if you were to guess, how is the fishing in this area say tomorrow. does it get real shallow on the right side? can i buy live bait near there?

Comment

thanks for the advice, if you were to guess, how is the fishing in this area say tomorrow. does it get real shallow on the right side? can i buy live bait near there?
        It's EXTREMELY shallow on the Galveston side. Tomorrow you should be able to see all of the shallows with a good pair of polarized glasses.....what kind of bait are you fishing with? My guess would be that SLP will be on tomorrow with the light winds.

Comment

sounds like it will be low tide, thinking about live shrimp on corks or croakers. what do you think.

Comment

will it be even shallower than usual, i have a shallow attackaflat but exploring new water can be scary or atleast challenging

Comment

sounds like it will be low tide, thinking about live shrimp on corks or croakers. what do you think.
              Run over to the bridge and see which way the current is running and anchor where you stearn is towards the bridge. The "gut" runs thru the 4th and 10th bridge pilar from the Galveston side. You should tear them up with live shrimp and/or croakers.

Comment

will it be even shallower than usual, i have a shallow attackaflat but exploring new water can be scary or atleast challenging
                Again........a good pair of polarized glasses will tell you where you can or can't run.

Comment

thank you for your help, by the way, is there live bait near that ramp?

Comment

thank you for your help, by the way, is there live bait near that ramp?
                    Not sure about the Freeport side but. the Rusty Hook on the Gal side has everything that you'll need.

Comment

watch out for the picnic table tomm as well if its low!!! go sloowwww outta there when u first leave the ramp.. it will be on the right side bout 50yrds out from the ramp. I'll be out there tomorrow with the wife and little brother in a kenner.. look for a dude with a red astros cap.. unless i lose it in the water somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X