And This Is Why I Buy and Wear Simm's Waders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And This Is Why I Buy and Wear Simm's Waders

I wear an older pair of G3's, but a couple of years ago I had to send them in for repairs. They replaced the booties under warranty and fixed a few pin holes. While they were at the shop, I bought a pair of their then new Blackfoots. After the first year they started leaking in the crotch, so I sent them in for repairs. One of the guys from repairs called me and said they were replacing them under warranty, but wanted to know why the fabrics were only separated in the crotch and inside of the right leg. I laughed and told him that it was from climbing in and out of the boat. They replaced those with a pair of Freestones for another $50.

So after a year wearing those they started leaking, so once again I sent them in for repairs. They emailed today and said they were replacing them under warranty. The message said that if I had any questions to call the repair number.

I just got off the phone with a great guy up in Bozeman.I asked him what the problem was, and he said excessive wear, probably from walking. Apparently fly fishermen just stand in a stream and fish! LOL
    I asked about maybe getting a large king size, or a large tall. We talked about fishing for a while. He said he just got a package of Kelly Wigglers, and wanted to know about them.
    Anyway, he said the large size was fine, but was upgrading them to Headwaters at no additional charge! I love the Simm's Company.....
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

I agree kenny, great company. I just returned a pair of Headwaters that had a seam leak that they are repairing at no charge.

Comment

Sounds like they leak a lot.
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
        I guess that's one way to look at it!
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

It was very diplomatic of you to explain your crotch and right leg wear pattern away so well.......you know what I would have said,even with it not being true!
          West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Tell them they don't call you Elephant Man for nothing......... I just got a pair of their insulated pants and shirt. They make quality stuff.
            Fishwhisperer

Comment

My wife got me a pair of Chota's(not sure on the spelling) from Marburgers about a year and a half ago and I have not had a single problem with them.

Comment

Re: And This Is Why I Buy and Wear Simm's Waders

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                Lmao
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Re: And This Is Why I Buy and Wear Simm's Waders

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
                  It was very diplomatic of you to explain your crotch and right leg wear pattern away so well.......you know what I would have said,even with it not being true!
                  Stop.scratching!!
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                  X