Weekend report - not bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend report - not bad

Went out Friday evening for a wade, not much action, went home.
    Headed out around 7:00 on Saturday and fished chocolate with popping cork and shrimp. Slow, so we made the decision to drift some reefs. Donna caught a 21" red that had 6 spots on one side and 2 on the other. Will post picture when I get back to Magnolia.
    Went exploring for new areas on Sunday. I threw the PINK SKITTERWALKER finally and caught a 16" trout in one cove and had a couple of blow ups. Went to another cove and caught 18" red on same tops.
    Went out yesterday evening and drifted Chocolate again. I thought it might be rough fishing because it was really muddy in there, but we caught 4 reds that ranged from 15-18", 1 keeper red (21") and one trout (15"), which we released. BTW, the trout was caught on a dead shrimp.

Had a fun weekend, will be back in two weeks. Letting some friends have the house next weekend.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Thanks for the report EX 21.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

nice report.sounds like a fun weekend
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Did Donna let you catch any fish this time?
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          Did Donna let you catch any fish this time?
          Actually, she did, but the only ones we cleaned this weekend were her two reds.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Better than my 3 nights at WORK .
            Glad y'all got on some and thanks for the report.
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Nice report! Guess that trout was really hungry.. had some big ones hit cut mullet before.

Comment

Nice going Mike. getting them tops working!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                  Nice going Mike. getting them tops working!
                  Yep, had to put the AP special back in the bag and throw something new. Worked out OK, considering it was almost noon.
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                  X